KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

It's great place to work

Oct 19, 2021 - Scrum Master in New Haven, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

good pay, good people, great company

Cons

sometimes long extended hours of work

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

great company

Nov 26, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great company culture and people

Cons

the company was always restructuring

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst job I’ve ever had

Nov 17, 2021 - Sales Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty much no supervision, up to you if you wanted to get any work done. Many sales people would just wander the store/hide out.

Cons

Their “commission” tactic should be illegal, not sure if they still scam staff the way they did when I worked there? They paid a base minimum wage that they claimed was way more with sales commission. 1% of sales I rung up went towards commission BUT I had to cover my full hourly wages first with that 1% before I’d get extra $. Any items from other departments did not count towards my % as well as items from my department rung up elsewhere did not count. They also CHARGE INTEREST on deficits if you don’t cover your hourly pay, you WILL NEVER see a dime of commission! The manager showed me fake spreadsheets totally misleading me about this when I was hired, was confirmed by coworkers I asked. Would have to ring up over $7k in products to cover a single shifts base pay, if I rang up $5k it was a very busy day, most days would be around $1500. The rare moments I did see managers they’d tell me to go work in other departments or assist merchandise crews which meant I would get no credit towards my deficit. Had to decide whether to disobey them or put myself in more debt. Some staff in my department had deficits over $20k, it was a joke to them, I was offended by the whole concept. Was by far the worst job I’ve ever had. I pity anyone who works there and find it satisfying to see how many stores have shut down since I quit. I left after 1 month.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Macy's.