Macy's - Sales Associate. | Glassdoor
  1. "Sales Associate."

Sales Associate in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Macy's

Pros

The employee discount isn't bad, not going to lie to you, but other than that, not too many pros.

Cons

Do not work at Macys unless you're desperate for a job, and if you are, please continue looking for something else while employed with them. I have more cons than I do pros, I know Macys varies by location, but I'll tell you about mine. CONS: Macy's wants you to work long hour shifts from open to close which I don't mind, the problem I have with this is, you're not paid much at all, so for those long... shifts you're not making too much. My Macys location was unorganized, management only had one good manager who went out of her way everyday and was always on the floor, other than that the rest of the managers were up in HR or in the break room talking and gossiping. At this location they expected you to play security guard, since their security was never to be found, they wanted us to run behind the people who stole (risking ourselves) while security is either gone for the day, or still sitting the security office twiddling his thumbs. Expect to do a lot of clean up while the younger co-workers (I'm young, but I don't do this) do absolutely nothing but stand behind the register and don't bother helping you.

Advice to Management

Get organized, stop treating your employees like they're cattle, and pay your employees more than what you give them.

Macy's2015-04-11
  1. "Seasonal Merchandiser"

I have been working at Macy's part-time

Pros

Great Manager!! Willing to work with my school schedule Excellent work environment for retail

Cons

Pay isn't great (at least for seasonal staff) but what do you expect from retail?

Macy's2018-12-22
  2. "Tried and true"

Current Employee - Store Director

I have been working at Macy's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Community leaders in involvement and charity

Cons

Old in many ideals

Macy's2019-10-14

Discover more reviews about Macy's.