Macy's - Great Company to Work For | Glassdoor
  1. "Great Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Fine Jewelry Associate in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Macy's part-time for more than a year

Pros

The scheduling system and company structure are extremely tolerant. Macys is understanding of their employees schedules and real life uncertainties outside of work.

Cons

Sometimes the managers can be extremely rude and catty making the work environment very school like and hostile for employees. Makes an negative reflection of the Macys Magic

Advice to Management

Be extremely thorough when interviewing managers as there underlying personalities can/will negatively influence and effect that entire portion of the staff.

Macy's2015-08-26
  1. "Loved working there..."

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Fairview Heights, IL

I worked at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's fun and exciting with high income potential if you have the hours available to you. I've moved from Illinois back to California and now have an interview with Macy's this coming week with more hours. My hope is to grow within the company and eventually (hopefully quickly) become a buyer. A great job. Who doesn't want to travel for work to view upcoming fashion styles to bring back to work and say "Hey! I went... to Paris for my job as a fashion buyer and came home with this amazing style!" that's on display at the store you work at. What an amazing rush and I'm excited to grow and hopefully become a fashion buyer. My dream job.

Cons

I didn't have much of a chance for even part time work as I was only on call. Mostly worked the Estee Lauder and Lancome counter. But 1 or 2 shifts a week wasn't enough for a woman just starting to make a life all alone. I had to find full time and none was available at Macy's at that time, unfortunately.

Advice to Management

I love the job you're doing. I'm excited for an upcoming interview with Macy's this coming week. This time in California. I'm excited for the opportunity to come back and have more hours closer to full time (fingers crossed)!

Macy's2019-10-20
  2. "Friendly Place"

Current Employee - Receiving Team Lead in Mentor, OH

I have been working at Macy's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers and management are all friendly and patient.

Cons

Not enough people work here. Pay is low.

Advice to Management

Raise the starting pay. Schedule more than 2 associates per department. Try harder to keep the good employees who leave for more money/hours.

Macy's2019-10-20

Discover more reviews about Macy's.