Madden Communications - A solid, rewarding place to work... | Glassdoor
  1. "A solid, rewarding place to work..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wood Dale, IL

I have been working at Madden Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Madden is well-respected in its industry with a strong product offering. It has been constantly evolving over the last 10 years in order to position itself for the next generation of retail marketing POS execution. Good people working hard to make a difference. Great benefits and work-life balance.

Cons

Madden is currently transitioning from its legacy traditional print manufacturing background to a more diverse procurement and distribution service provider. There is lots of change to deal with.

Madden Communications2019-02-28

Other Employee Reviews

1. "best place to work"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Madden Communications for more than a year

Pros

best place to work for

Cons

none that i can think of

Madden Communications2019-05-22

"Been predicting for years that Madden would sell/close shop"

Former Employee - Senior Production Coordinator in Wood Dale, IL

I worked at Madden Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Superb documentation of internal processes and procedures, equipment capabilities. Best in class training and cultivation of strong customer service personnel.

Cons

- Very long hours for some, while others do the bare minimum - poor load balancing - Lots of favoritism - Bad business decisions led to many rounds of RIF's - Poor path to advancement in customer service - Ultimately, years of bad management and decision making led to customers severing ties with this once great company, to the point that Madden's equipment was sold off to Orora and Inner Workings (Aug 1st 2019).... Empty shell of what was once great. Former co-workers from customer service are fortunately very well prepared to work in the print industry. Several are employed along side me at my current place of employment.

Advice to Management

You spent years treating people that worked hard very poorly. You made countless bad decisions, that after they soured resulted in RIF's of some of your best and most talented employees. I would bet that some at the top received some huge windfall of cash as the company was sold off, and everyone else took a lump. I have no advise to management, they were without redemption.

Madden Communications2019-08-09

Discover more reviews about Madden Communications.