Maersk Oil - Positive yet monotonically increasing procedures | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Maersk Oil

"Positive yet monotonically increasing procedures"

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Copenhagen (Denmark)
Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Copenhagen (Denmark)

I worked at Maersk Oil full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dynamic, Empowerment, pay well, multitasking employees

Cons

Increasing paper work, inefficient new deopartment

Advice to Management

Increase oil production

Other Employee Reviews for Maersk Oil

"The best place I've ever been."

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Copenhagen (Denmark)
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Copenhagen (Denmark)

I worked at Maersk Oil full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place! The tasks are varied and demanding. The people are polite and pleasant. And the food in the canteen is, if you ask me, the best you can get in Denmark.
    As an IT consultant from another company, I had a lot of good experiences there.

Cons

They stopped wearing neck-ties a while ago... ;)
    No, honestly, I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"Need Cultural Change"

Former Employee - Drilling and Well Services in Esbjerg (Denmark)
    Former Employee - Drilling and Well Services in Esbjerg (Denmark)

I worked at Maersk Oil full-time (More than a year)

Pros

37 hours a week working hours and you can have flexible hours either come in late or early. If you are an international hired based in Copenhagen it will have more diverse people and great option of lunch menus (which is deductable from your salary). If you are an international hired based in Esbjerg than it will be the same as living in an oilfield campbase.

Cons

Before you decided to join, please considered for the 5th time because it will be a career suicide. Most of my international colleague decided not to put their time in this company as part of their resume.
    if you joined the company as international hired (or what they said expat) you still have to pay tax. Company does not pay for your medical or dental the country does and you better prepare to get in stuck with Danish medical system.
    Organisation is just to confuse to understand and no clear accountability or responsibility between department or business partners. Job description can be wide or it is only stating about activity per year without a clear understanding for goals. Project execution is weak in term of outcome quality, time deliverance and cost effectiveness (i.e. I have never seen an oil company that does not planned vs actual charts for drilling and completion day to day operation).
    SAP implementation is the worst things that happened. instead of build SAP around the business it is the other way around to built business around the SAP.

Advice to Management

I understand that this company comes from shipping line but shipping line culture does not suits the challanges and dynamic of oilfield. Organisational changes and process implementation has to be driven from top to bottom. SAP is a good tools for SCM and finance, but only for those 2 functions.