Magellan Health - Good Pay, Salary & Benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Magellan Health

"Good Pay, Salary & Benefits"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Data Analyst in Columbia, MD

Pros

Very Top Notch Intelligent Employees

Cons

Political Environment - Not a friendly place to work

Advice to Management

Diversify upper management in all areas

Other Employee Reviews for Magellan Health

1. "Poor Utilization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Good benefits, excellent work/life balance with ability to work from home a couple days a week, lots of PTO up front.

Cons

Very difficult to get information from others within the team which makes doing my job harder. If they'd just give up a little control things could be accomplished much more efficiently.

Advice to Management

Provide training on systems instead of letting you guess and fumble way around.

"Employment at Magellan Health"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Magellan Health Services is the flexibility they allow in each position. For my position, I am allowed to work from home occasionally or if I need to leave a little early or come in a bit late, they are usually very accomodating. I feel that most of my co-workers are very knowledgable and are willing to assist when needed.

Cons

One of the main downsides of working for Magellan (at least in my position) is the number of hours that I put in. It's not uncommon for me to put in 60 to 70 hours a week every week. I usually don't mind, but sometimes it gets a bit tiring after the same thing month after month. Also, if you are salaried, you don't get the benefit of overtime. Therefore, if you're salaried for example at $50k, if you average your hours, it really comes down to making closer to $25k or less.

Advice to Management

I wish Magellan would compensate for the amount of work individuals put in. Other than that, I have no complaints to managements.