Magenic - Great people!! | Glassdoor

"Great people!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Magenic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Magenic are top notch!! Some of the smartest technical people work at Magenic.

Cons

Some clients are not good environments. Sticking only to Microsoft technology stack is limiting. Times are changing, and technologies are too.

Advice to Management

Management in MN should come to the regions more often.

Other Employee Reviews for Magenic

"For my first Job I've enjoyed working at Magenic, even though I feel I still might be underpaid"

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis Park, MN

I have been working at Magenic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is great. There are lots of smart and nice people at Magenic. The ones that don't fit in don't last long. I enjoy going to work each day. I enjoy working on varying projects with different clients.

Cons

Some of the projects have stupid clients. It's annoying when you give good solutions and they refuse to do them because of some political reason.

Advice to Management

Continue to put the Consultant first. Keep your best talent. Stop hiring bad MDC developers just to fill a contract.

"Family business"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Magenic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Magenic is stable, and has been growing at a measured pace for years. Its a good place to hone your tech skills and the entire company culture is built around embracing that. They hire tech good people and try to create a reasonable environment. The CTO is great, and is the figurehead of the technologist culture. The CEO does his best to stay grounded.

Cons

Leadership opportunities beyond the technology are minimal. The most senior roles in the company are reserved for friends and family (all of the roles), none of these individuals have held these types of positions prior to Magenic. Its a limiting factor for the firm.

Advice to Management

Realize that the business spans beyond St. Louis Park, and build relationships with the people in your regions. Visit those locations more often than twice/year. Those people forced to be more entrepreneurial, so expect to find your next crop of leaders in those locations.