Maggiano's - Bad Experience | Glassdoor

"Bad Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Maggiano's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, discounts, meet some nice employees despite the bad experience.

Cons

No lunch breaks. NONE! Management seems to be very arrogant, racist and not willing to listen or value the hardworking employees. I worked there and thought this would be a great opportunity to grow and seemed like the perfect company to do so. Unfortunately, after they sell on the Brinkernation" being a family, a team,etc" Its turns into a lie. From the first week it was pure hell. you are immediately thrown out there with no training and then brow beaten for not following proper procedure. the management( which are the chefs) barely seem to care about the atmosphere of the workplace. If one employ does work, and another doesn't, they just depend on the hardworker to pick up the slack. I voiced my opinions several times and actually got fired because of it. Rather than dealing with an issue I was removed. Majority of the employees are miserable but to scared to speak out about the lack of performance because they will get fired. There is severe oppression and it needs to change. If you are of any race your in a low level position and treated unfairly. You treated as though your scum, or not smart. Basically, as if blacks are inferior to whites and have no right to ask for equality. I hate I got fired because I decided to voice my opinion, but glad God delivered me from this place, it make you depressed and feel like a bad person just because of your ethnicity.

Advice to Management

Please, change your methods of our you manage. If an employee speaks out here them out.if they repeatedly speak out regarding racial slurs, disrespect, and management issues don't laugh and mock them. Handle the issue in a professional way. Very disappointed in this company.

Other Employee Reviews for Maggiano's

1. "Fast, friendly, fun."

I have been working at Maggiano's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, good pay, ability to interact with coworkers without being chastised, very willing to work around your personal life. They are very willing to help out when team members have a death or are struck by a natural disaster though a campaign that most everybody in the restaurant contributes to. Very giving people.

Cons

Very short breaks if any and dealing with nasty guests, but you get that at any restaurant you work at!

Advice to Management

Follow through with what you preach.

"Don't bother"

Former Employee - Sous Chef in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sous Chef in Tampa, FL

I worked at Maggiano's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience and great concept!

Cons

Senior Management is lacking and do not know how to speak to employees

Advice to Management

Focus on your people skills