Mahindra Satyam - Typical outsourcing company. | Glassdoor

"Typical outsourcing company."

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

Pros

If you are starting in a new functional postion, you can learn the ropes of IT outsourcing here. Good place to start if as a Trainee in India. Very large company with considerable experience in all areas of IT.

Cons

Not the place for business consultants or people aspiring to be business consultants. Very hard to transition to a new role. Networking is difficult, opportunities to understand someone elses role and expertise are very limited.

Advice to Management

Feedback, very important to be constructive and two way.

Other Employee Reviews for Mahindra Satyam

1. "It took a month to get my first paycheck. Robbing Peter to pay Paul. Or should I say robbing Raja to pay Bhaskar."

Former Employee - Assistant Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Assistant Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

A great paycheck. They paid me well. I received proper recognition for the hard work I invested in the client.

Cons

Didn't like consulting. Like working for one company, not multiple. Satyam did not pay me for an entire month and they were not honest about that. I was misled. They also made employees coming from India pay for their own plane tickets and they took forever to reimburse them. Now I know why. They were mis-managing their money.

Advice to Management

Don't lie.

2. "Satyam's saga"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

Was one of the good offshore IT companies but with the exposure of issue by ex-ceo it appears very unsafe in present time to be with the company.

Options may be better once a new company buys this and settles / revamps the organisation structure.

Lots of good people are in a bad situation due to market conditions else many would have fled by now

Expect things to improve in the near future so good times return to one of the leading offshore service provider.

Wishing all the best for those who still continue to support Satyam

Jai Hind

Cons

Uncertain future as its working capital is low

Advice to Management

recognize people better and groom them for higher levels