Maimonides Medical Center - Horrible | Glassdoor

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Desktop Support in Brooklyn, NY
Former Employee - Desktop Support in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

The benefits and vacation were the best part of working at Maimondies hospital. Okay pentition plan and health benefits were very cheap. It is very interesting to work in a hospital and learn about medicine. The Human Resource department offered a lot of discounts at Amusement parks and cell phone companies. Every year we got a 3 percent raise. Every employess was give a pager. It was very easy to make plans for vacation. We were give generous amount of sick days and personal days. There a garage for the employess to use and the price was cheap. There was also a cafeteria that was cheap

Cons

The pay was horrible and unfair compared to other hospitals in NYC. The doctors were very rude when you had to service their computer. No overtime and no communication within the MIS department. When I left they didnt try to make me stay or make me an offer. Made a lot of promises and didnt come through with any. The MIS department had two separate locations one in the hospital and the other in a different building 10 blocks away. So we were split up. Didnt know what different teams were working on. The staff was kept in the dark about a lot of things.

Advice to Management

Have to restructure upper management.

Other Employee Reviews for Maimonides Medical Center

1. "Paramedic"

I worked at Maimonides Medical Center full-time

Pros

Excellent equipment and vehicles, good management, and a cohesive friendly work environment.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. "Hard work can lead to rewards"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Maimonides Medical Center as an intern

Pros

Everyone I have had a chance to work with is extremely helpful, eager to teach, and interested in you show you are truly motivated and clever. There are amazing opportunities if you seek them out and really put all your effort into it. Staff is supportive. They have a lot to teach you if you are willing to learn. This is a very busy hospital so you will learn a lot.

Cons

Impossible to park in this neighborhood, also the staff parking lot is ALWAYS full.
    The food in the cafeteria is absolutely terrible.

Advice to Management

Please better food! There is no reason for the food to be so bad/unhealthy.