Maimonides Medical Center - What I thought would be a dream job turned into a nightmare. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Maimonides Medical Center

"What I thought would be a dream job turned into a nightmare."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

Good community hospital in a great neighborhood in Brooklyn.

Cons

Weak protections for employees. I went to Human Resources because I felt my boss was abusive and emotionally unstable. Colleagues had told me my boss had a history of picking on one person in the office. HR never helped me and my boss fired me within days of my "confidential" meeting with HR.

Advice to Management

Doctors without budgetary and managerial experience should not be made department heads.

Other Employee Reviews for Maimonides Medical Center

"MMC--room for improvement."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

1199 union. Job security. Benefits

Cons

Very very very busy---compensation may not equal amount of work.

Advice to Management

Appreciate employees & how hard they work.

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Desktop Support in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Desktop Support in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

The benefits and vacation were the best part of working at Maimondies hospital. Okay pentition plan and health benefits were very cheap. It is very interesting to work in a hospital and learn about medicine. The Human Resource department offered a lot of discounts at Amusement parks and cell phone companies. Every year we got a 3 percent raise. Every employess was give a pager. It was very easy to make plans for vacation. We were give generous amount of sick days and personal days. There a garage for the employess to use and the price was cheap. There was also a cafeteria that was cheap

Cons

The pay was horrible and unfair compared to other hospitals in NYC. The doctors were very rude when you had to service their computer. No overtime and no communication within the MIS department. When I left they didnt try to make me stay or make me an offer. Made a lot of promises and didnt come through with any. The MIS department had two separate locations one in the hospital and the other in a different building 10 blocks away. So we were split up. Didnt know what different teams were working on. The staff was kept in the dark about a lot of things.

Advice to Management

Have to restructure upper management.