Main Street America - Main Street America Group - OVerall a Nice Place to Work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Main Street America

"Main Street America Group - OVerall a Nice Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

-Employee friendly environment
-Financially solid company
-Conservative in investments and growth opportunities
-Strives to ensure work/life balance for employees
-Innovative IT Department - growing use of new technologies

Cons

-None in todays' econony - The have not been large layoffs or downsizing due to economic reasons. They try and keep good talent whenever possible.

Advice to Management

Continue to explain the direction and actions taken by the company so that employees have a sense that they know what is happening.

Other Employee Reviews for Main Street America

"A Hidden Gem in the Jacksonville Tech Market"

Current Employee - Coder
    Current Employee - Coder

I have been working at Main Street America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work/Life ratio is really good, great benefits, professional management and a little thing I like to call PROJECT PLANNING! In other words, they don't dump work on you willy-nilly and expect you to "figure it out". They know what they want and when they want it - and include you in the process to ensure your success.

Cons

I'm not being a Pollyanna... I'm coming up on my second year anniversary and have know complaints. The work is plentiful and interesting. The people (even the northern transplants) are cool and everybody is pretty much pulling their weight.

Advice to Management

Restructure the bonus program. It's not the employee's fault if a hurricane tears up the houses of some insureds and the company's comp-ratio rises. If the work is completed on time and in a satisfactory way, due compensation is rightly expected - and something to shoot for. If the actuaries don't correctly account for Florida's weather, why is the whole company essentially "penalized?"

2. "IT Professionals Beware of this "Sweat" Shop"

I worked at Main Street America full-time

Pros

Decent salary but not for the number of hours required to work. People are dedicated and friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

Too Much work, not enough people, CIO is outwardly mean and demeaning to staff in large meetings, CIO never takes responsibility for anything, She communicates upwardly well but treats her staff terribly, the software and hardware are out of date and antiquated.

Advice to Management

Replace the CIO. Invest in new software, people and hardware

Main Street America Response

Mar 29, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. We are committed to making it easier for our agents-customers to do business with us and have successfully prioritized key deliverables in personal and ... More