Main Street Hub - Great Culture | Glassdoor

"Great Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual atmosphere - No dress code, snacks, a keg of beer in the office, and music playing all the time. Great salary, benefits, commissions and bonuses. The people that work at MSH are awesome !! This is a fast growing company well on the way to big, big things very soon.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

The people that run this company are amazing. They are open to hearing suggestions and feedback from everyone in the company on how to make things better all the time. The transparency and interoffice communication is phenomenal.

Aug 8, 2015 – co-CEO

Thank for this very nice review! We appreciate you taking the time back in 2012 to write it.

Investing in our people and fostering a culture of openness and feedback are two of the strategies that... More

Other Employee Reviews for Main Street Hub

"Hard Work, Innovative Company, A lot to Learn, and Looking Forward to the Future"

Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, I believe this is a great company. Everybody is consistently learning and moving as fast as the company is, which is super fast. It takes a lot to keep up, but in my opinion, learning to adjust and hit your goals without excuses is not only a career lesson, but a life one. Progress needs to continue and the only way to make that happen is to keep pushing forward and trust everything will work out. The company is at a certain stage where everyone can be part of something really great. The upper management is very transparent about where they are going and how they have grown thus far, much more than other companies I have worked for in the past. The culture is very fun and treat their employees with respect.

Cons

The company is still very young, so disorganization can create stressful situations. We are all human and mistakes can happen, but if mutual respect is given, problems get solved very quickly. Some projects take longer than others, but this is expected in a start-up and current processes are still being created. Sales people can turn over quickly due to performance. Pay could be higher.

Advice to Management

Communication Can Be More Sincere and Understanding at Times

Aug 8, 2015 – co-CEO

Thank you for writing this thoughtful review back in 2012. In a high-growth startup, learning quickly is critical, and you’re right to highlight that capability as key to success. Rapid professional... More

"Poor management, high turnover, and poor salary."

Current Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the company is fairly young so it is easy to make friends with co-workers. There is a keg in the office as well as margarita machines. The location of the offices are really great.

Cons

The quota for sales seems "fair" yet only 3-4 people in the company actually hit it each month. They will literally hire anyone in the sales department. They do not care if you've been to college or been to jail; sometimes it seems they prefer the latter. That being said, they choose to use threats as a form of motivation and claim that they have never fired anyone. What they do instead is push employees to the edge so that they voluntarily quit. They lie to new hires and tell them that they can be promoted within 3 months and in reality, they prefer to hire managers from the outside. They have even demoted managers to sales associates. This is a very high stress environment and Main Street Hub does not make their employees feel valued.

Advice to Management

We constantly hear that upper management's main goal is having a great company culture. If that is truly the case, then perhaps having a two way conversation with your employees will be beneficial. Right now, management is using fear based tactics and threats to "motivate" which leads employees to foster a feeling of resentment towards the company. I have seen several long-time employees quit due to how unappreciated they felt. Also, it always seems that management is very secretive which causes employees to raise questions and doubt the company.

Aug 8, 2015 – co-CEO

Thank you for leaving this review back in 2012. You’re right that the culture at Main Street Hub is of extreme importance to us. The description here is not in line with our culture at all, though... More