Main Street Hub - Work hard, play hard. To the fullest. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Main Street Hub

"Work hard, play hard. To the fullest."

Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Main Street are their trainings on inside sales, keeping a short sales cycle, dealing with obj's, and of course the culture. Very "young" atmosphere. Loud music makes the day go by faster. Plenty of spiffs and fun competitve spirit keeps the nature of cold-calling bareable. No dress code. Happy hour. Stocked kitchen. Much more. Amazing commission structure. Loved my time there! Loved management!

Cons

You will be cold-calling for at least 8 hours / day. You are expected to come in early and stay late. Work saturdays. Prospect during the weekends. This is a commission job of winners, so it is no surprise that the suggested hours for success are heavy (7AM - 7PM - at least these are the hours the top sales people work). Some stay later (until 9 PM) to hit their commission or win trips to Paris or London. Come here to work hard & play hard, as they say.

Advice to Management

Employees should know obj's by heart. Do whatever it takes to get everyone on board.

Main Street Hub Response

Oct 9, 2015 – Co-CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate you highlighting the training. We’re committed to building the best SMB sales team out there, and part of that commitment lives in... More

Other Employee Reviews for Main Street Hub

"Worst place I've ever worked at"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very few. Free food is great, people I worked with were really cool and enjoyed having a good time... but that's about it... The product might work for a few businesses I guess.
    CEO's seem ok, almost as if they don't see all the negative going's on. But they surely must.

Cons

- Managers only care about their own targets, not their employees needs. They hold you accountable for everything and preach accountability everyday, yet ironically, never hold themselves accountable for their actions.
    - Given terrible leads with many areas that involve "taco stands" and "spas" where the people owning them don't even speak english.
    - Managers will swear and use curse words on a regular basis to try and "motivate" you
    - They expect you to stay late and come in early every day. If you choose not to they make you feel guilty and question your work ethic, even if you have made over 100 calls that day
    - Unrealistic expectations for their monthly quotas, only 1 or 2 people in the office hit them
    - Never feeling secure in your position, this creates a negative environment for everyone as they feel they could be the next one to be fired
    - No doubt every positive review on this site is by a current employee or manager who was told to, they live for social media, gimme a break.

Advice to Management

Maybe don't put this pressure on people. go to school and learn to speak to people with respect and don't treat your employees like fools.
    you have a decent product but the business model is terrible.

"Churn and burn"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned what it's like to work for managers who have next to no managerial experience and have degrees from community colleges if they're lucky.

Cons

This job ranked up there with my job loading a trailer at UPS (which by the way is the worst job I've ever had). Managers are really good at burning people out. Expect to be micromanaged to death, taught to do as you are told, dial 100 times a day or more, take advantage of small business owners. The commission structure is much of a joke. Even if you hit your quota before getting fired it's not much to talk about. If you don't mind getting fired for not hitting quota then it's great. You are better advised to wait tables than work here. The benefits are the same but it's more fun. To be completely honest, 1 in 10 new hires will make it 3 months, 1 in 50 will make it 6 months, 1 in 100 will make it 1 year. I was 1 in 50. There is ZERO job security here. Look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Sell the company already. What's taking so long? No more dumb money out there?