Main Street Hub - WORK=PAID | Glassdoor

"WORK=PAID"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Main Street Hub as a contractor

Pros

Tons of opportunity, amazing atmosphere that is all about cultivating a circle of winners with winning attitudes and resiliency. I mean, its pretty simple. Come here with a good attitude and a willingness to work and take feedback. You will do well, and you will make money. If you want to get better, work, and have the right mindset main street hub could be your road.

Cons

Your cold calling. I mean, work so hard and be so good at it that you'll never have to do it again. Use this is a stepping stone and make some money on the way.

Advice to Management

I enjoy management.

Other Employee Reviews for Main Street Hub

"Work hard, play hard. To the fullest."

Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Main Street are their trainings on inside sales, keeping a short sales cycle, dealing with obj's, and of course the culture. Very "young" atmosphere. Loud music makes the day go by faster. Plenty of spiffs and fun competitve spirit keeps the nature of cold-calling bareable. No dress code. Happy hour. Stocked kitchen. Much more. Amazing commission structure. Loved my time there! Loved management!

Cons

You will be cold-calling for at least 8 hours / day. You are expected to come in early and stay late. Work saturdays. Prospect during the weekends. This is a commission job of winners, so it is no surprise that the suggested hours for success are heavy (7AM - 7PM - at least these are the hours the top sales people work). Some stay later (until 9 PM) to hit their commission or win trips to Paris or London. Come here to work hard & play hard, as they say.

Advice to Management

Employees should know obj's by heart. Do whatever it takes to get everyone on board.

Main Street Hub Response

Oct 9, 2015 – Co-CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate you highlighting the training. We’re committed to building the best SMB sales team out there, and part of that commitment lives in... More

"Worst place I've ever worked at"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very few. Free food is great, people I worked with were really cool and enjoyed having a good time... but that's about it... The product might work for a few businesses I guess.
    CEO's seem ok, almost as if they don't see all the negative going's on. But they surely must.

Cons

- Managers only care about their own targets, not their employees needs. They hold you accountable for everything and preach accountability everyday, yet ironically, never hold themselves accountable for their actions.
    - Given terrible leads with many areas that involve "taco stands" and "spas" where the people owning them don't even speak english.
    - Managers will swear and use curse words on a regular basis to try and "motivate" you
    - They expect you to stay late and come in early every day. If you choose not to they make you feel guilty and question your work ethic, even if you have made over 100 calls that day
    - Unrealistic expectations for their monthly quotas, only 1 or 2 people in the office hit them
    - Never feeling secure in your position, this creates a negative environment for everyone as they feel they could be the next one to be fired
    - No doubt every positive review on this site is by a current employee or manager who was told to, they live for social media, gimme a break.

Advice to Management

Maybe don't put this pressure on people. go to school and learn to speak to people with respect and don't treat your employees like fools.
    you have a decent product but the business model is terrible.