Main Street Hub - Churn and burn | Glassdoor

"Churn and burn"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned what it's like to work for managers who have next to no managerial experience and have degrees from community colleges if they're lucky.

Cons

This job ranked up there with my job loading a trailer at UPS (which by the way is the worst job I've ever had). Managers are really good at burning people out. Expect to be micromanaged to death, taught to do as you are told, dial 100 times a day or more, take advantage of small business owners. The commission structure is much of a joke. Even if you hit your quota before getting fired it's not much to talk about. If you don't mind getting fired for not hitting quota then it's great. You are better advised to wait tables than work here. The benefits are the same but it's more fun. To be completely honest, 1 in 10 new hires will make it 3 months, 1 in 50 will make it 6 months, 1 in 100 will make it 1 year. I was 1 in 50. There is ZERO job security here. Look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Sell the company already. What's taking so long? No more dumb money out there?

Other Employee Reviews for Main Street Hub

"Main Street Hub"

Current Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Office Manager. Good beer.

Cons

Entry Level work. Good start for college graduates.

Advice to Management

Define the career paths, and stick to it.

Main Street Hub Response

Oct 9, 2015 – Co-CEO

Thanks very much for your review. We’ve always felt strongly about Main Street Hub as a place for people to accelerate their careers. When we first talked about starting a company, it was important... More

"Runaway."

Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Social Media Sales Associate

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unfortunately, there just isn't much I can say here. The other reps are awesome, pretty cool spiffs, I believe the product can help small businesses.

Cons

Across the board Management is awful! They do not take feedback well or seriously and have incredibly negative energy. They say that we can come to them anytime for help, but when we ask for help they say "you should be able to do this on your own." They expect you to fail and they will not hesitate to let you know this. Managers do not communicate with each other and as a result you are constantly being pulled in different directions and told to preform and implement strategies that contradict themselves, because of this, it is very hard to produce sales and of course, if you aren't producing the managers will make you feel worthless and try to bully you into quitting. The turnover rate is very high, most of the reps wont last 3 months, which is terrible for morale. Upper management worships themselves and believe they can do no wrong, when in fact they are what's wrong with this company! There are some people that cause happiness wherever they go, This will never be upper management, they will only cause unhappiness, stress and fear. It is only when they leave the company, will we have the opportunity to be happy.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horses and start to respect your employees. You need to realize in 6 months you have lost at least 75% of your hires, a good manager would not have let this happen. If you do not change the way you speak to us, motivate us and inspire us you will never see true success. If you can't do this, fire yourselves.

Main Street Hub Response

Oct 9, 2015 – Co-CEO

First, thank you for leaving your review back in early 2013. The culture at Main Street Hub is one of the things we’re most proud of, and the description of management attitudes here is not in line... More