Main Street Hub - Best undergraduate internship I've had in college. If you're interested in Sales, this is your place! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Main Street Hub

"Best undergraduate internship I've had in college. If you're interested in Sales, this is your place!"

Former Intern - Sales Intern in Austin, TX
Former Intern - Sales Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at Main Street Hub as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great environment
- Amazing mentors
- Ability to learn and grow at your own pace
- Hands on experience with software, metrics, etc
- Incredibly flexible with your work vs school schedule

Cons

- Parking, you basically have to pay to park -- and they are usually time restricted. Your best bet is just to take the local bus.

Advice to Management

Try new things if something seems to be failing.

Main Street Hub Response

Dec 8, 2014 – co-CEO

We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your internship with us – thanks for reaching out with your feedback. If you have the time, we’d love to hear more of it! You mentioned that there are some ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Main Street Hub

"Social Media Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Social Media Community Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Social Media Community Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is good with ping pong music and a keg. Give a bunch of spiffs to win stuff from trips to iPads.

Cons

Way to much turnover the culture changed drastically which lead to less fun and energy in the office. Needed more managers only one manager for 20 reps and bad decisions on team leads who didn't really help.

Advice to Management

Keep your long term employees happy with better treatment, compensation and promote top and loyal people from within the company.

"This is a fantastic company to work for."

Current Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Social Media Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They treat their employees very well as long as you produce. Having worked in a sales position, its all about the numbers. If sales is your passion, and you love the thrill and the chase of cold calling, you will be rewarded handsomely. They are fantastic spiffs/prizes to entice and motivate you, and the support from your peers is infectious.

Cons

If you arn't producing, you are forgotten. You can be at the top one moment and at the bottom the next. Most of the position is 95% rejection from gatekeepers and ignorant business owners. You are chasing deals, calling and calling and calling. People will hang up on you, they will get angry with you, they will be nice and they will stand you up.... If you dont want to spend %95 of your career doing this in order to reap the 5% reward, than this is not a job for you.

Advice to Management

Recognize before you let other people go that they may have other talents in the company, if sales is not their thing.

Main Street Hub Response

Oct 9, 2015 – Co-CEO

Thank you for your review and for highlighting the challenge and reward of an inside sales, cold-calling role. It can be difficult for some people, though the time that we spent doing it in the first ... More