Main Street Hub - Rewarding work | Glassdoor

"Rewarding work"

Current Employee - Local Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Local Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun and supportive atmosphere. You can turn to your peers or managers for anything and we sell an amazing product.

Cons

No help with parking fees downtown Austin. Can't bring pets or family to office and most events.

Advice to Management

Everything you guys are doing is wonderful!

Jan 5, 2015 – co-CEO

Thanks for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your input! It’s wonderful that in your review, as in so many others, the culture, team, and product are the highlights.

We hear... More

Other Employee Reviews for Main Street Hub

1. "Fast paced, extremely smart team all around"

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love working with very smart people. The company does an amazing job at hiring the best at a fast pace. Everyone has the ability to grow here no matter what level you come in. I have seen interns move into senior positions.

Cons

If you are not up for a challenge, then this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

I know we are growing even faster over the next few years. Please keep up the good work on providing a place for all of us to also grow and learn.

Jan 5, 2015 – co-CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and for the kind words on our hiring process. Hiring well is the single most important thing we can do to affect the success of Main Street Hub. Great... More

"We're all in the same boat - and it's sinking."

Current Employee - Social Media Community Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Social Media Community Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people. Everyone in the CM role is suffering, but it's a lot easier to grin and bear it when everyone around you is down for drinks after work to forget about what you have to do the next day. You will make good friends; they hire high-caliber individuals with great attitudes.

Cons

Feel free to voice complaints or point out areas where things could be improved -- just don't expect anything to change for the better. Glittering generalities and cartoonishly optimistic "we hope so!"s are thrown around like underwear at a Justin Bieber concert. Additionally, the workload is such that you should expect to work most, if not every, weekend. It seems that they work people until they quit, and then hire the next round of UT grads.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure if you asked higher-ups to write these positive reviews, but they are definitely not a reflection of the actual opinions and attitudes of those working for you. Here's to hoping this is all news to you.

Jan 5, 2015 – co-CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We’re sorry to hear you had a negative experience.

We agree completely with your characterization of Hubbers as “high-caliber individuals with... More