Maines - Mismanaged... | Glassdoor

"Mismanaged..."

Former Employee - CDLA Driver/Unloader in Conklin, NY
Former Employee - CDLA Driver/Unloader in Conklin, NY

I worked at Maines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is consistent, events are outstanding, benefits are with good carriers, celebrity office personnel, security efficient and personable, workers put forth incredible efforts, owners care about the business.

Cons

Pay is way below industry standard, events are financed by low wages, benefits are expensive, celebrity office personnel hard to communicate with unless you're on their star level, security underpaid, workers discarded for ridiculous reasons while some of the worst ones are kept on, owners get snow jobbed by the ones they choose to run the business. Get injured and they will find a way to eliminate you in most cases.

Advice to Management

resign or learn how to REALLY run a business without sacrificing those that make your salary day in and day out.

Other Employee Reviews for Maines

"Fed Up."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conklin, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conklin, NY

I have been working at Maines full-time

Pros

They are always getting new business, so job security is a plus.

Cons

They don't pay. Competitors pay employees with the same title almost 1.5 times what I make in my position. Management is clueless. Company is full of "yes men." No one will stand up for what is right because god forbid someone actually have to disagree with the Maines brothers. There is blatant favoritism in all departments. The handbook might as well be thrown out the window, unless they can find a way to screw you then they use it. Management does not know the jobs of their employees. They couldn't do the jobs if their life depended on it.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. They are there busting their humps away from their families working hard, long days, working well over 40 hours a week for (in a lot of positions) barely more than fast food places pay. Treat everyone the same. Learn to say no if it's something you simply can't do. Learn to do all the jobs you expect your employees to do, and have some respect for the job they do and the hours they put in for the little compensation they get.

"I would give it negative stars if I could."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover Park, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover Park, IL

I worked at Maines full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nobody cares when you come or go.

Cons

Management is clueless, tactless, and disrespectful. They overwork their employees and give you a hard time if you just work your scheduled shift and leave. The building is filthy, overcrowded, and incredibly outdated. Leaving was the best decision I've ever made.

Advice to Management

Get out and see the real world once in a while.