Major Players - A fun, creative and enjoyable recruitment consultancy environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Major Players

"A fun, creative and enjoyable recruitment consultancy environment"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

During my time at MPL, back in the early noughties, it was staffed by ex-industry professionals who were relaxed, creatrive and godo fun - the social scene was fantastic and the woirking culture was very relaxed. The work ethics were strong, which attracted me and they stuck to their word when it came to ethical recruitment.

Cons

At times some of the management showed a level of unprofessionalism towards members of staff and that would ocassionally erupt in to political issues. Basic salaries were not very high and the bonus system did not seem to be particularly great.

Advice to Management

Hold on to the creative approach, the relaxed feel and the ex-industry consultants.

Other Employee Reviews for Major Players

1. "Big in the game"

Pros

The team are great to work with. Everyone at Major Players are very welcoming and supportive and help push people to reach their full potential. A very refreshing environment instead of the normal corporate one!

Cons

Very social environment. May not be to everybody's liking!

Major Players Response

Apr 7, 2017 – chairman

Thanks for the feedback. I like it! Getting the right balance between being sociable and commercial is always a challenge but I would like to think that those who don't want to pull "all-nighters ... More

2. "Challenging but rewarding business"

I have been working at Major Players full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A business that is built around autonomy and progression. Major Players have grown and gone through, as any business does, changes. However, this business is what you make it. You want to develop a desk, do it. You want to manage, do it. The concept of glass ceilings are quite frankly shattered within an organisation like this.
    The cultural is young and vibrant (which may not be to everyone's taste), however like all businesses we are built on being commercial and successful. We tend to reflect our clients and the social / cultural aspect of the business is testament to that.
    We are fortunate to have a wide range of backgrounds in the business from ex industry, different recruitment businesses to completely different industries all together which makes for a diverse working space.
    Strong senior and consistent leadership team too.

Cons

Long hours and hard work if you want to be successful, as this business is based around building something that is your own - shouldn't be a surprise in a sales environment though.
    Quite a young team - which some people may not want.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Major Players Response