Makerbot - Frauds | Glassdoor

"Frauds"

Pros

Some of the most interesting and exciting people have worked here. They never stay for long, but they manage to recruit amazing people.

Cons

What you read here is pretty much the truth. We are very badly underpaid, but more importantly, the company cannot decide between caring about the community (seemingly at a cost to profitability) and caring about the bottom line and making a few people very rich. I suppose it will settle on the latter but I've never worked anywhere before where I felt bad for our customers.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to the board and the investors: find someone who isn't just a pretty face that we can respect and who has credibility with the community that we've completely lost touch with. Or failing that, find someone who can actually be as mercenary as management aspires to be. Then we could get paid a living wage.

Other Employee Reviews for Makerbot

"Makerbot: An interesting product but an unhealthy environnment to be in!!!"

Current Employee - Productor in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Productor in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Makerbot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product is interesting and the company could have a great potential if it was managed properly!

Cons

Really, really poor management consequently, the whole production employees are the ones who carry the burden. No consistency in the hours either: you would find yourself doing overtime for weeks because of mismanagement.
    There is new hiring everything 3 months because of people quitting:

Advice to Management

Trust and treat your employees better and maybe they might stick around!

"Should never have accepted this job"

Pros

The 3-D printing industry is fascinating and is booming. The work itself is great...very rewarding.
    The employees are awesome! Some of the most down-to-earth people you will ever meet!

Cons

The company culture is very divisive. The company is split in terms of what department you happen to work in (like night and day). You might as well be working for two different companies.

Very poor management, poorly-made decisions. No clear direction from the top. There are just blanket speeches made about numbers and bottom lines.

There is very high turnover here. Constantly changing staff because of firings and people who just left on their own. Constant upper management turnover as well.

Employees are not valued. They are treated like robots (for lack of a better term!).

Salaries are sub-standard, at best.

Advice to Management

As has been stated a few times already, place more value on your employees, and your sales and company earnings will naturally follow suit.