Malin - Decent place to work | Glassdoor

"Decent place to work"

Former Employee - Field Technician in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Field Technician in Denver, CO

Pros

Good pay and the company is very willing to let you take time off in order to handle personal issues.

Cons

Some of the customers have some of the worst equipment I have ever seen. They also try a little too hard to fix major issues in the field instead of bringing them to the shop.

Advice to Management

A keener ear for the little people in the trucks on the road would be nice. And an expanded shop facility would be great.

Other Employee Reviews for Malin

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at Malin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, excellent work environment.
    co-workers always willing to share their knowledge and experience.
    Still has a family like atmosphere.

Cons

Yearly raises are not very significant.
    Increasing amount "big brother" mindset by corporate office I.e. micro-management.
    Complete Changes in standard work procedure Every few months.

2. "Run!"

Former Employee - Core Sales Representative in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Core Sales Representative in Addison, TX

I worked at Malin (More than a year)

Pros

I did make some great connections while working here.

Cons

This place is a complete quack farm.
    Everyone was really great when I first started, telling me how wonderful of a place it is to work, how they've been there for 20 years, 15, 30 etc etc..(there is really only a handful of these in the whole 400 person company but they like to showcase it)

I feel like there were a few red flags during the hiring process. (They kept emphasizing the 90 days, their cultural training etc..) but I thought to myself, I've been in sales for 12 years, have always excelled, crushed my goals, parted ways in amicable terms. I thought, naah "I'll be fine, I could never get fired, I get along with everybody, I'm a hard worker. This will be a great place to work"

With that, I would tell anyone looking to incorporate this experience into your career here:

I started in a training class of 19, (2) years ago.. By the time I left, I was #3 out of that 19.. still remaining. The worst part about that is, EVERY single one of those people were fired.
    There were several networking events I went to during my time here. I must've run into at least 6 or 7 people (all still in the industry mind you) that shared stories of their terminations from Malin. (So awkward). I still thought, "nah wouldn't happen to me, sucks for those people."

Well so it happens, I receive an offer to work for a fortune 500 company, you figure these people would be happy for me..At the very least professional about it. Instead, AFTER putting my notice in, 1 day before my last scheduled day.. they terminated me... and my boss who encouraged me to work from home for a few days during that time? Pretended like it didn't happen.. and I didn't get paid for those days.... and this was 2 weeks before Christmas.

The other kicker is, I was told I would be given a bonus/commission structure after 3 months of training. This was in writing, in my offer letter. After 2 years, it still hadn't happened (the only reason I even considered accepting the other position).

Anyway, that's my experience with Malin. I will remember it for the rest of my career. Best of luck to those of you in the job hunting process right now - I know it's tough, but I highly recommend you keep looking.

Advice to Management

No words