ManTech - Subcontracted out | Glassdoor

"Subcontracted out"

Former Employee - Instructor in Indian Head, MD
Former Employee - Instructor in Indian Head, MD

I worked at ManTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ManTech was comparable to other large companies, with different groups focused in different areas. The HR, Pay people, and immediate leadership for my unit were very good to work with.

Cons

Subcontracted out put us under Government Service and active duty military leadership, some who were great and treated us like true team members, while others couldn't wait to rid us from their work spaces.

Advice to Management

Pay better attention to the customer you subcontract your personnel to. Seemed at times that we were a forgotten little group of people that you only associate with when you have to.

Other Employee Reviews for ManTech

1. "Bad place where management doesn't care about employees and doesn't hide it."

Current Employee - C&A Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - C&A Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at ManTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation
    Benefits
    Tuition assistance
    Pay for parking
    Nothing else

Cons

Program managers are not involved on what's going on at the client site and don't care,therefore managers play favorites and cannot be trusted. There are so many unethical things going on such as managers telling your personal business to everyone that will listen. When you try to solve the problem by going to upper management you are told to suck it up and get along with everyone or leave the company. Employee turnover is high. I haven't worked for ManTech long but I am really disappointed. If you complain because you have no computer or desk and therefore can't do any work you are treated as a second class citizen.

I asked upper management if I could be placed on another contract and he was extremely rude and nasty. Probably because there is an upcoming recompete and he just wants bodies to be able to win the contract.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites, act as though you care, treat everyone especially new employees with respect.

2. "Software Developer, Staff"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Hinton, WV
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Hinton, WV

I have been working at ManTech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some quality people, good managers who want to provide value for their clients. It can be fun exciting work. Some environments require working with people that may not be co-located. Up until 2011 the overall environment was good and job seemed stable. Despite the uncertainty in some of ManTech's sectors, ManTech provides opportunities to try to retain and reassign employees to meaningful assignments.

Cons

Unfortunately a lot of the experience is dependent on whom you end up working under. Compensation in West Virginia seems to be behind the curve of nearby areas. Lack of co-location should not be a huge factor in any team culture, but it requires effort on the part of the team leader to ensure all of the team feels a part.

Advice to Management

Ensure that you communicate relevant facts to your non co-located employees, and provide opportunities for general discussions about projects instead of relying on potential 'incidental' communication to be distributed