ManTech - Company Overall | Glassdoor

"Company Overall"

Former Employee - Information Systems Security Manager in Chantilly, VA
Former Employee - Information Systems Security Manager in Chantilly, VA

I worked at ManTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many quality people that work at ManTech. They are very knowledgable in all areas of technology. I would recommend them to any person looking for a position

Cons

Their HR department did not know how to help people move overseas

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for ManTech

1. "Great Internship Opportunity"

Former Intern - Junior Software Developer in Chantilly, VA
    Former Intern - Junior Software Developer in Chantilly, VA

I worked at ManTech as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

My internship was far more challenging and stimulating than the stereotypical coffee retrieval. I was able to work with several different technologies that were new to me and contribute to the company. There was also career opportunity available beyond the scope of the internship.

Cons

I saw none. At the time I was there, the subdivision I worked for was going through a lot of changes while they assimilated to the ManTech culture, but that's natural.

"Good stability, but not a place to develop your career."

Former Employee - Requirements Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Requirements Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at ManTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My first boss at ManTech was very concerned for her people and went out of her way to look out for them. She would push back on corporate if she thought there were things that weren't right, and wasn't a "spotlight grabber." The team I worked with was very good, but also isolated- we were on site with the client and weren't really plugged in with what was happening at ManTech HQ. The benefits package was good. Also, they were willing to be open-minded about my resume--I came from another field and background. I think that my experience was very isolated though- I only worked on the one contract. I was lucky that it was with great people that I still keep in touch with.

Cons

Because we were on the client site, we felt very isolated from ManTech HQ. We felt like we didn't really matter to them, as long as the contract was making money. Also, there was very little room for professional growth. They were good about reimbursing for things like PMP training, but then there wasn't really any place to go. I ended up taking on a colleague's role after he left, with an increase in responsibility, travel, and time in the office. I asked for a raise to compensate me, and was denied. After that, I felt like I had to leave- I couldn't afford the associated costs with the travel for the job.

Advice to Management

It would have been really nice to not be so cut off from the rest of the company. Sending your mid-level managers to the client sites to check in and meet the employees once a quarter or something would have been really nice. I never felt like a ManTech employee, I felt more like I worked for the client.