ManTech - awesome | Glassdoor

"awesome"

I have been working at ManTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i have learned working for the company and what it has to offer, good growth potential

Cons

current temp employee would like to be hired

Other Employee Reviews for ManTech

"Sweat Shop - Proposals"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at ManTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Herndon location was great. Private office.

Cons

Sweat shop mentality. Chew you up and spit you out. Stab you in the back BD people that don't give you feedback so you can produce the end product they really wanted. No communication. They do not want socializing and getting to know each other. Just watch the employment ads. ManTech is ALWAYS looking for their next proposal manager!

Advice to Management

Capture and BD people would not give comments on "How am I doing for you? What would you like me to add or change for you?" No communication to my face. Only behind my back. Very discouraging.

"'Body Shop' concept at its finest"

Current Contractor - Senior Systems Administrator in Chantilly, VA
    Current Contractor - Senior Systems Administrator in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at ManTech as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

- I've never encountered a problem with pay in the 3 years I've been here.
    - Initial compensation seems to be fair.
    - Diverse job types and locations.

Cons

- Senior management is woefully lacking in knowledge and understanding of policy.
    - ManTech is a 'Body Shop'; they fill slots in as many contracts as they can, without necessarily paying close attention to requirements or qualifications. The desire to hire people with veteran status and certifications seems to outweigh actually verifying someone's ability to do a given job. I say this as a veteran with certifications, who is actually qualified to do his job.
    - Yearly raise amounts are an abomination. Perfect reviews never seem to lead you to anything more than either a 1% raise, or no raise at all. I received all 'excellent' reviews for an entire rating period and got the worse annual raise I've received in my life, which includes early work in the fast food industry.
    - Certain policies in place regarding leave and termination seem tailor made to hurt the employee.

Advice to Management

While I am well aware that the actions of a few are not representative of the whole, all I can base my judgement off of is my experience with the company and its leadership. Given that, I offer this advice:

- Stop acting as though being a manager/leader means that you know best in any given situation. Listen to your subordinates, and show them respect by weighing their suggestions and leveraging their knowledge and experience towards being successful.

- Manage. Support. Provide. It is your responsibility to know current company policies. Manage your staff effectively. Support their endeavors, when applicable to their job. Provide them with the information they need to help themselves and their families, and to fix inefficiencies. Your team's failures are your fault.

Basically, learn how to manage before you call yourself a manager. Anything else is a massive disservice to yourself, your subordinates, and the company as a whole.