Management Concepts - Strong Values, Good People, Great Place to Work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Management Concepts

"Strong Values, Good People, Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Management Concepts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company was built on core values which encourage entrepreneurial spirit, collaboration, and a focus on client satisfaction. Those values are holding just as strong today as the day I started working here more than 10 years ago. I’ve had the privilege of working with (and for) some of the finest and best people I’ve ever known. The people here truly care about the work we do, the customers we serve, and the well-being of the company. Opportunities for growth are available to anyone with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to be accountable. I’ve been able to grow and advance my career in so many ways during my time here and I’ve loved every minute.

Cons

Change – there have been a number of changes over the past couple of years, which is usually hard. Most changes have been focused on consistency and scalability of processes and infrastructure.

Other Employee Reviews for Management Concepts

"Best job of my entire life"

I have been working at Management Concepts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked at Management Concepts for 11 years. Unlike other companies where roles are narrowly defined leading to boredom and career stagnation my experience is, if you are willing to step up and take a leadership position, Management Concepts will empower you. My role has expanded into all kinds of interesting and challenging areas that I never dreamed of 11 years ago. The company has a strong value system that supports loyal and committed, employees. Negative behavior, and people, are discouraged. The executives have a strong work ethic and sense of fair play that is modeled ever day.

Cons

We are still working our way through certain change initiatives which are always challenging.

"Crippled by an inability to change."

I worked at Management Concepts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at this company for about 5 years. The people I worked with were nice and seemed to care about their products.

Cons

There is a very strong culture of not changing anything. We've always done it that way, so it has to be done that way. 20-year-old template and formatting process? Can't change it. Using super-expensive paper for our business cards? CEO likes it, can't change it. Hired an internal person who could do that work you've been outsourcing? Nope, still going to outsource it; can't change it. I can only thank them for laying me off, since my own department and coworkers were outsourcing work I was entirely capable of doing, right in front of me, because they'd always outsourced that job before, so they couldn't possibly give it to the internal hire. W.T.F. There were some glimmers of change before I left - moving to a CMS system for one, if they ever actually completed that project. But boy howdy, this was an entrenched culture of never changing anything.

Advice to Management

Stop secretly laying off masses of your employees and maybe listen to some of them instead.