Management Concepts - Strong Values, Good People, Great Place to Work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Management Concepts

"Strong Values, Good People, Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Management Concepts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company was built on core values which encourage entrepreneurial spirit, collaboration, and a focus on client satisfaction. Those values are holding just as strong today as the day I started working here more than 10 years ago. I’ve had the privilege of working with (and for) some of the finest and best people I’ve ever known. The people here truly care about the work we do, the customers we serve, and the well-being of the company. Opportunities for growth are available to anyone with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to be accountable. I’ve been able to grow and advance my career in so many ways during my time here and I’ve loved every minute.

Cons

Change – there have been a number of changes over the past couple of years, which is usually hard. Most changes have been focused on consistency and scalability of processes and infrastructure.

Other Employee Reviews for Management Concepts

"MISMANAGED CONCEPTS - nepotism, favoritism at it's finest!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at Management Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training and certification reputation within the DOD.

Good work/life balance.

Solid course content.

Cons

Zero room for growth.

Worked here over two years in all that time never received a performance evaluation, which means no raise/merit increase.

In July 2013 30 employees were downsized; this firm is less than 200 employees in total so that is a staggering reduction in force (roughly 18%).

Faulty systems which break down constantly, and many legacy IT staff were either fired in 2013 or resigned so the remaining IT staff don't know the first thing about fixing these problems.

BUDDY SYSTEM HIRING MODEL:
    You will work with people here who are not qualified whatsoever for the positions they have, and that stems from management on down. Many people on staff are hired because they are golf buddies, church buddies, or former colleagues of those in a position of hiring authority.

If you have ambition and drive you don't stand a chance here; someone's "buddy" will invariably get hired into the position you are legitimately qualified for and you will be passed over.

If you are credentialed or highly-qualified I recommend you find an employer who will promote you based on those traits and qualifications. Otherwise, I guarantee it WILL NOT happen at Management Concepts based on the buddy-system hiring model they employ.

Along with the mass-downsizing that occurred in 2013 the following benefits were eliminated:
    401K matching
    Tuition reimbursement

FURLOUGH
    This firm is not diversified at all, in September 2013 the firm furloughed for two weeks during the government shut down as a result of being so heavily reliant upon the federal government to obtain profit. The result was that employees were forced to sit home and draw off of PTO/take forced vacation. Those without and PTO accrued sat home and did not get paid. OF NOTE: Competitors such as ESI, Learning Tree DID NOT FURLOUGH during the government shut down.

Advice to Management

Diversify your portfolio, stop relying so heavily upon the federal government to obtain profit margin (it is to the detriment of your employees who have been furloughed/downsized/suffered benefit cuts as a result).

Stop with the buddy-system hiring which is forcing all good talent out the door.

"Senior Management is out of touch"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Management Concepts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great customers who deserved much better service and product quality.

Cons

Executive decisions made in a vacuum. Below average products.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees who are on the front line everyday with your customers.