Management Science Associates - In a dark room without a light or a compass. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Management Science Associates

"In a dark room without a light or a compass."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Management Science Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- They are pretty good at weeding out potential in candidates and picking great people to work with.
 - Some of the perks are awesome.
 - Highly varied departments in various fields from consumer packaged goods to TV to gaming.
 - They've been around for 50 yrs. That has to count for something.

Cons

- Parking for most employees is way off-site, shuttle buses run every 20 mins
- Management makes very bad decisions when it comes to their workers.
- There are a lot of 'lifers' that have worked there for more than 10-15 yrs that do nothing but walk around and come up with 'ideas'.
- Some management who makes the decisions is around the office maybe 1/3 of the year, but is the key decider on pay raises, lay offs, etc.
- Upper management is disconnected from their employers, they even have their own wing.
- Have mirrors, backstabbing occurs daily.
- No direction with development and little information or documentation on analytics.
- Don't accept anything as the absolute answer. The developers believe they know how the their applications work that they build. There is no investing in research to verify data.
- Their internal IT group is the worst.

Advice to Management

Spend a month with the various groups within your organization, you'll realize how much you are spending on dead weight versus really making your products top-of-the-line. One manager laid off great workers within a group outside my own, while a guy who sleeps unto 2 hrs a day keeps his job.

Other Employee Reviews for Management Science Associates

1. "I would not consider working anywhere else"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Management Science Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Cutting edge credible company that has been around for 50 years, our motto is there is nothing we can't do.....
    This is an exciting and challenging place to work, you learn something new every day

Cons

Building is undergoing some updates but the lower level needs improved.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in this new direction ...wonderful changes are on the way

"Incompetent, ignorant yet arrogant management, no respect for talent."

Current Contractor - Software Engineer I in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Contractor - Software Engineer I in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Management Science Associates as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

HR team seems reasonably happy. Every other person is either depressed or part of management.

Cons

Low salary, expensive benefits, virtually non existent 401 k match and extremely high turnover of employees. The worst part is management who is ignorant and arrogant at the same time. No respect for employees, and absolutely no respect for talent. Innovation is hated and even the best employees are insulted on daily basis.

Advice to Management

Do some good to the company - quit.