Management & Training Corp. - Great Supervisors, Horrible Company Policies and Culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Management & Training Corp.

"Great Supervisors, Horrible Company Policies and Culture"

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor
Current Employee - Admissions Counselor

I have been working at Management & Training Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great supervisor and her supervisor was also great. We had a strong team. I enjoyed the nature of the work and felt like it made a difference in people's lives.

Cons

This company is hypocritical and simply unprofessional. It's a churn factory. As soon as the great supervisors I had left their positions, I saw how much they had been shielding us from internal politics. I worked there for two years. After I quit, the entire 14 person team I started with also quit. They really aren't keeping up with the modern economy. I used to believe in their programs, but I currently feel they are doing participants a disservice because they refuse to innovate or maintain quality staff by showing recognition or offering decent salaries. Working for my old supervisor made the job enjoyable, two years later, I had had no advancement opportunities or raises and MTC's reputation is in the drain. I can see it was a horrible career move. I would advise young people starting a career to look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Value your workforce.

Other Employee Reviews for Management & Training Corp.

"MTC - They may not work you to death...but they'll try"

Former Employee - Human Resources
    Former Employee - Human Resources

Pros

The management team at my facility was great. But it depends on the position/department. Overall benefits were good. Not great but good middle of the road...covered all the basics.

Cons

I worked in HR at one of the newer facilities and the turnover was atrocious. 25-30 terminations per month and growing. A new hire class was needed every 4-5 weeks. HR department was short handed, everyone acknowledged it, but no one in a position to fix that did anything. I finally burned myself out and had to walk away. Corporate HR was no help because they were stretched just as thin. Other department heads lived at the facility as well because there was too much to do and not enough time to do it in. No one in upper management seemed to be concerned with the turnover. Either they were too busy to do anything about it or that's just they way the industry is. The workload just wasn't manageable and there was no end in sight to the chaos. Some of the supervisors did not know what they were doing but were protected by their supervisors and around and around we go. Most frustrating job I have ever had. Hopefully things will get better there but it will take some time. Unfortunately they will continue to lose good people in the interim which compounds the problem.

Advice to Management

Do a better job in planning your staffing requirements for new facilities by looking at existing facilities. Give departments the staff they need rather than getting as much out of them as you can and you may be able to keep good, hardworking employees. Don't let them run themselves into the ground. It's called work/life balance which was an impossibility there.

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Pros

Staff are treated as a family and the boss practices an open door policy
    No much of office politics as it a small company but with a huge business

Cons

There is no career growth as it is a small company.
    Staff have to learn how to multi skill as you are required to do three or four roles at each given time

Advice to Management

None