Management & Training Corp. - Great Supervisors, Horrible Company Policies and Culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Management & Training Corp.

"Great Supervisors, Horrible Company Policies and Culture"

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor
Current Employee - Admissions Counselor

I have been working at Management & Training Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great supervisor and her supervisor was also great. We had a strong team. I enjoyed the nature of the work and felt like it made a difference in people's lives.

Cons

This company is hypocritical and simply unprofessional. It's a churn factory. As soon as the great supervisors I had left their positions, I saw how much they had been shielding us from internal politics. I worked there for two years. After I quit, the entire 14 person team I started with also quit. They really aren't keeping up with the modern economy. I used to believe in their programs, but I currently feel they are doing participants a disservice because they refuse to innovate or maintain quality staff by showing recognition or offering decent salaries. Working for my old supervisor made the job enjoyable, two years later, I had had no advancement opportunities or raises and MTC's reputation is in the drain. I can see it was a horrible career move. I would advise young people starting a career to look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Value your workforce.

Other Employee Reviews for Management & Training Corp.

1. "Pretty laid back and easy work most of the time, since these are people who are coming out of the system or DWI's."

Current Employee - Correction Officer in Henderson, TX
    Current Employee - Correction Officer in Henderson, TX

I have been working at Management & Training Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are mostly non-violent offenders with a short period to spend there. Most of them have some kind of medical problem but some have mental problems also. Most employees are young women so you get the picture. It is only as hard as you make, especially if you go in treating them like trash. Lots of over time if you want it.

Cons

They changed the time days off making it hard to spend time with your family. It use to be 3 on - 3 off 12 hour shifts. There are only yearly raises which isn't much. And no matter what job you get you start at $10. Unless, you move up in rank and from what I hear thats not much and rarely any over time there. Good place to get your foot in the door!

Advice to Management

Put the schedule back the way it was, as far as the days we take off. Keep the split sides though (East and West, etc.)!

"Worked on the job corps site as a career advisor"

Current Employee - Career Advisor in Centerville, UT
    Current Employee - Career Advisor in Centerville, UT

I have been working at Management & Training Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement based on your degree, great place to start out after college

Cons

It's easy to get stuck in a position

Advice to Management

Seek out employee's who have the potential for advancement