Management & Training Corp. - I enjoy going to work | Glassdoor

"I enjoy going to work"

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Management & Training Corp. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Upper management cares about employee development. I enjoy working with and getting to know co-workers. At the end of the day, the company is trying to improve lives, hard to argue with that.

Cons

I wish we could hire more people, but no one wants to leave.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Management & Training Corp.

"I am now "institutionalized"."

I have been working at Management & Training Corp. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The opportunity to reduce recidivism, with some offenders, is priceless.

Cons

There is no upper management support unless you are their friend. Unfounded rumors and hearsay are considered "truth". Employees that have a good work ethic are constantly criticized and become paranoid of losing their jobs while non-productive staff are given no repercussions. Being a "team player" is frowned upon. Extremely disorganized. Hostile work environment. The offenders are not the problem, the incompetent staff is.

Advice to Management

Speak with an employee personally concerning a situation. Do not assume everything that is heard is true. Communicate with all staff. Take lower-level staff's ideas into consideration. Be thankful for the hard-working employees and reprimand the others.

2. "Great Supervisors, Horrible Company Policies and Culture"

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor

I have been working at Management & Training Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great supervisor and her supervisor was also great. We had a strong team. I enjoyed the nature of the work and felt like it made a difference in people's lives.

Cons

This company is hypocritical and simply unprofessional. It's a churn factory. As soon as the great supervisors I had left their positions, I saw how much they had been shielding us from internal politics. I worked there for two years. After I quit, the entire 14 person team I started with also quit. They really aren't keeping up with the modern economy. I used to believe in their programs, but I currently feel they are doing participants a disservice because they refuse to innovate or maintain quality staff by showing recognition or offering decent salaries. Working for my old supervisor made the job enjoyable, two years later, I had had no advancement opportunities or raises and MTC's reputation is in the drain. I can see it was a horrible career move. I would advise young people starting a career to look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Value your workforce.