Mandli Communications - Big talk, empty promises. This is a family based company but unfortunately the owner loves himself too much. | Glassdoor

"Big talk, empty promises. This is a family based company but unfortunately the owner loves himself too much."

Current Employee - Data Specialist in Fitchburg, WI

I have been working at Mandli Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are pretty good for young people right of college. Free healthcare. 3% 401k match after 2 years. Bagel Tuesdays!

Cons

There are too many layers and managers. The name suggests 'communication' but unfortunately the company doesn't perform that way. With all the layers, information gets lost playing 'telephone' and the wage gets spread out over too many people. If you don't brown-nose, nobody will listen to your suggestions. HR is very biased. Mentioned complaints don't get recognized unless their team was already thinking about... it themselves. The very high turnover speaks for itself. People hate working here and are miserable after staring at their screen for 40 hours a day. Low pay. Maternity leave is a bad agreement.

Advice to Management

Take your people seriously.

Mandli Communications2017-08-15

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Solid Company - Welcoming Coworkers"

Current Employee - Support in Fitchburg, WI

I have been working at Mandli Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Innovative company that is moving in a positive direction. Mandli Communications in conjunction with their team of enthusiastic employees, is making a difference in data collection on so many levels.

Cons

It would be nice if the benefit package started on day one of employment, but the overall, Health and Dental Insurance packages are top notch. 100% company paid.

Advice to Management

The CEO has the drive, spirit, and advanced thinking to keep the business going way into the future. Keep doing what you are doing.

Mandli Communications2019-12-07

"Absolutely avoid"

Former Employee - Data Processor in Madison, WI

I worked at Mandli Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

They do provide health insurance

Cons

Completely worthless HR department, lack of professional engineers, no knowledge of industry standards. Honestly I worked here for almost a year and walked out one day because I felt like I had made a huge mistake working there. I have 10 years experience in Engineering, I needed a job after a contract ended overseas. I took this job because I needed something. Within about 1 week, I realized that I had been... decieved into thinking this company would accomplish anything. If you're a veteran, avoid this company. During my time here I interacted with people who are in charge, who know very little and have almost no professional engineering background. It was seriously disturbing to me. The work is not challenging. I made a serious effort to approach the owners to get them work. I had a contact with the General Electric Geospatial Department vice president. I knew him from my time working for the government. I called him and asked about work. I then approached senior management about the project. The project was overseas and was just up the alley of the work Roadview does except it would deal with pipeline work. I wrote a proposal and gave it to a management member that I thought would hear me out. The work itself was around 11 million in revenue. Which at the time, seemed like it could have desperately used. This management person laughed at me. I then gave him my aquaintance business card, explained I used to work for the federal government, etc. Would you like this work? I can get you the project information. The management leader said "we don't really do that, we do stuff with roads." A month later I interviewed for a project manager position. I felt that I would get the job. I have an enormous amount of experience with the government. They gave the job to a recent college graduate. It seriously upset me. Although I was confident I was still the top candidate, I was seriously frustrated. The following day, while sitting at my desk. I went outside to smoke, thought about my situation. 10 minutes later, I walked off the job. It was the best decision I have ever made. The company is a joke. They are not concerned with making money. A week later I got a new job as a senior designer at a real engineering company. After leaving I consulted an attorney because I very seriously felt lied too about the position I held. Weeks later, I let it go. But my greatest advice is absolutely do not work at this company. It has all the looks of a engineering company, but it's absolutely not in your benefit to work for this company.

Advice to Management

What exactly are you trying to do with this company? That is really the biggest question? What are your goals because I don't see any vision for this company.

Mandli Communications2019-10-22

Discover more reviews about Mandli Communications.