Mandli Communications - Mandli Communications | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Mandli Communications"

I have been working at Mandli Communications full-time

Pros

Laid back atmosphere with potential for growth

Cons

Unorganized management and poor interdepartmental communication

Other Employee Reviews for Mandli Communications

"Roadview is a enigma"

Former Employee - Data Processor in Fitchburg, WI
    Former Employee - Data Processor in Fitchburg, WI

I worked at Mandli Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Complimentary healthcare
    Good starter experience for someone straight out of college

Cons

Low pay
    Little to No advancement
    Incompetent human resources department

Advice to Management

During my time there, not a single manager or supervisor would interact with me. And on one occasion an engineer who worked there was pretty rude to me on my first week of working there.

Employees at roadview seem to be pretty miserable. Data processors, Data Technicians, Data Specialists do most of the project work but are compensated poorly.

Stop spending money on Apple computers and either use Linux or Windows. You service the State Government, the state uses Microsoft Windows.

Don't let Company family members who work there part time in the summer who fall asleep at their workstation be moved to another department. Fire them. Hold them to the same standards.

Don't have a meeting telling employees your going to raise wages and then not raise wages

"People are going overboard in these reviews."

Current Employee - Data Etc in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Data Etc in Madison, WI

I have been working at Mandli Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a full-time job with health insurance, paid vacation, 401k matching to reward longer-term employees, Benefits like that can be seriously hard to find for college graduates nowadays. Can take vacation before you've earned the hours (company allows you to go up to 40 into the negative on those). Also as a data processor you will never have to take your work home with you, literally or figuratively.

Cons

There is a culture of negativity among the other processors - not everyone, but enough to make it feel oppressive. The blame for this is most easily placed on management, but after a good bit of time here, I'm really not sure. People do a lot of judgment of their peers, and those that get promoted are often subject to gossip about their unworthiness based on that. Yes it would help if company paid more per hour, but the job market for recent grads sucks in Wisconsin and most other states, and they dont take the common route of limiting everyone to 32hrs so they don't have to pay health insurance. Management is opening to hearing you out if you feel you have something else to bring to the table at the company, that doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a promotion out of it, but some i never would have expected have been promoted. Fact is everyone is coming here with various levels of experience and skills and they don't all show just from doing the data processing. I think a lot of the negativity is because the company tends to promise everybody that with hard work theyll be promoted quickly, and that's objectively not the case. It takes more than that and i havent figured out the formula yet but i can say those that complain the most tend to be the ones that don't move up.

Advice to Management

Encourage more team-building stuff so people can get to know each other outside of just the day-to-day work on a group project or talking at lunch or whatever. Also there is a weird tension between first and second shift people even though they have to work on the same projects, there should be a focus on getting both groups together for fun stuff now and again. It helps when we feel more plugged in and aware of what the company is doing beyond the data processing and collection we already know about. Sometimes we get to hear really cool stuff that sounds exciting but then we don't hear about it again for a while. Upper management & owner sometimes talk about these things but it feels like there's a separate operation we only hear about every few months and i know a lot of us are interested in what will change or what kind of jobs there will be down the line.