Manheim - Great company! | Glassdoor

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Manheim full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growth opportunities and the Cox Company truly cares about their employees!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for Manheim

"Need not apply, unless you know someone here"

Former Employee - Management in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Management in Orlando, FL

I worked at Manheim full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large Company
    Great Benefits
    Great PTO
    New CEO is outstanding and has amazing vision
    Close to Home

Cons

Lets start with the interview process (and this is not just for entry level employees); hiring process took 2 months. Not because they had multiple people to interview, as they were so nice to advise of later, but because the decision maker had more important projects on their plate and were unable to dedicate any time towards interviewing. Wow, way to make someone feel important! In addition, they pitched what a wonderful team I would be joining in that department, when to only find out later that the dept was staffed with buddies and family members of upper management that were irritated with any new presence, not just mine.

Training/Education/Career Advancements: there was no official training, ever, even in Management. Basically put: introduce yourself to everyone here and although all of your direct reports applied for your management position and didn't get it, we would like for you to learn your job from your employees. You can imagine how challenging this could become.
    They promote they want you to have "all the tools" to do your job effectively, but throwing a bunch of wrenches at an employee and saying "get to work" doesn't necessarily accomplish that! They also promote online courses through a website dedicated to just Manheim education, but even that is a mess and has no structure, so you are simply running around a dark room with sunglasses on looking for a door. It appears as if the expectation is to figure it out for yourself, but that isn't the definition of Training OR Education! Don't you want us to learn more and do everything better? Because we DO!!! Your political status and who you know is your only opportunity to move sideways or up a stair in this company.

This is such a large company nationally, they have such great potential to do so much better at the ground level locations, but I do not see that is anywhere in their near future. The buddy system has saturated this location and unless you let everyone go and started with a clean slate, there is no successful way in.

Advice to Executive Management: we understand the chain of command and that Upper Management reports to you. But it is your folks beneath them putting in all of their hours, sweat, tears and time away from their families. Please open up to those below, without the threat of Upper Management wiping them out.

Advice to Management

Your buddies have never been your best hires.

"Toxic and abusive."

Former Employee - Manager in Newburgh, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in Newburgh, NY

I worked at Manheim full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At the end of the day there are no good things to say. This was a great job until a new management team was brought in from corp.

Cons

Abusive and toxic. More work and less pay."Promotions "without compensation. Poor work life balance. No overtime or comp time, very long hours in all kinds of weather. GM screams and yells.

Advice to Management

Quit, you are killing the company