Manpower - Bar None The Worst Employment Agency in Grand Rapids, MI | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Manpower

"Bar None The Worst Employment Agency in Grand Rapids, MI"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Manpower as a contractor

Pros

Absolutely None! This Agency will hang up on you, in the middle of a conversation, on the phone. Do Not Ever Use!!!!

Cons

Received a call about a opportunity they had available, when I was explaining about not being interested they hung up on me. Not very professional, but it's what I expected from a employment agency like this.

Advice to Management

Train your employees to listen to prospective clients!

Other Employee Reviews for Manpower

"Manpower is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

Pros

They care about global repsonsibility and their employees. They go out of their way to make sure that employees have what they want. Managers are great. Very responsible, knowledgeable, helpful, and focused on making this a great place to work.

Cons

It is such a large company that sometimes communication can be tough.

Advice to Management

Communicate often. Since the company is so large and spread so thin throughout the US and Globally, it can be challenging to get values, ideas, thoughts, and shared info to everyone.

"Working for Manpower"

Former Employee - Staffing Specialist
    Former Employee - Staffing Specialist

Pros

Manpower provides a great learning environment, and offers bonuses based on specific targets. In addition, the non-compensation benefits provided, such as educational advancement and career growth, are also a great draw to the company.

Cons

The location where I worked was not sensitive to the needs of its employees, and was only concerned with the bottom line. Many times the upper level managers were not familiar with what was being required by the local/regional managers, and the requirements didn't always fall in line with Corporate guidelines. During my one year tenure, I was informed three times that the branch "may not be able to continue to support my position." Having this feeling of instability can be detrimental to an employee's feeling of worth.

Advice to Management

I believe that the company needs to ensure that its managers are trained to be sensitive to employee needs (within reason) and come up with solutions to ensure a good work-family balance.