Manpower - Need work | Glassdoor

"Need work"

Current Employee - Temporary Worker in Lafayette, IN
Current Employee - Temporary Worker in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Manpower full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My local manpower office supervisors were courteous and friendly whenever I made a personal visit to them. They cooperated with my requests and acted professionally.

Cons

The office is understaffed. During my time with them it was nearly impossible to speak to someone directly on the phone no matter the time of day I called. Frequently, my voice mails were not returned right away. As if this isn't bad enough, they only made one visit to the client I was assigned to during my employment. It was my impression that temporary agencies have the same responsibilities for employee safety and welfare issues as any other employer. It seems difficult to believe that only making one on site visit in an 8 month period that they could be monitoring any concerns of their employees with any degree of effectiveness.

Advice to Management

Increase the staff in Lafayette, IN.

Other Employee Reviews for Manpower

1. "I would describe my Manpower experience as ok"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Manpower full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Manpower is a world leader in the workforce solutions and among the largest employers in the United States.

Cons

There is no real commitment to the employee, only to the employer they service.

Advice to Management

Stop posting jobs that are already filled and falsely encouraging job seekers.

"Good Overall"

Current Employee - Sales in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Sales in Boise, ID

I have been working at Manpower full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great starting wage. They are pretty flexible with schedules and they try hard to make shifts bearable. They are easy to communicate with. Policies and processes are clearly outlined.

Cons

The terms of the contract are pretty much based in making sure they make money. They do not provide adequate benefits and the cost of those benefits are hard to even afford.

Advice to Management

Find a way to make sure you can offer all the amenities of working worth it. You will have less churn