Manpower - Not great | Glassdoor

"Not great"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bracknell, England (UK)
Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at Manpower full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to work onsite with a great client company, stepping stone for better things

Cons

Awful pay & reward, poor holiday entitlement, no opportunities for progression, upper/middle management upwards don’t seem to bother with staff, training is non-existent, no recognition from senior management, terrible annual review process, a lot of managers seem to be fighting their way to the top & are solely focussed on themselves - bizarrely this seems to be done by self-promotion & not caring less about lower level staff. IT is unbelievably bad & outdated, staff are not valued in any way

Advice to Management

Increase holiday allowances, increase pay to market rate, senior managers need to recognise staff who are valued by their local line managers, engage with staff far more, create some sort of career opportunities for staff, improve training for staff drastically. In general just value your staff a lot more than you seem to.

Other Employee Reviews for Manpower

"Nothing more than a body shop, used and abused by a 'blue chip' who have lost the plot."

Former Employee - Server Engineer in Highbridge, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Server Engineer in Highbridge, England (UK)

I worked at Manpower full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quite a slick operation I suppose.

Cons

You're not an employee of whichever organisation you 'work' for, it's just a body shop. When IBM lost a bit of business I was shown the door rather than any attempt to find something else. You will get market rate and no more, minimal holidays and no employee benefits.

Advice to Management

I never saw a manager, you are nothing more than a commodity so they don't care anyway.

"Awful"

Current Employee - Recruitment Coordinator in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Coordinator in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Manpower full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not any I can share at the moment

Cons

Working on site with a client of Manpowers. 20 days holiday, temp contract still going after promises of permenant employment.. No contact with Manpower, so feel alone within your team. Long hours (unpaid!!) and very very low salaries. I wouldn't be working for such a company again, that can't value their people!!

Advice to Management

Recognise the work of all employees - off site and fee earners.