Manpower - manpower leading you to success! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Manpower

"manpower leading you to success!"

Former Employee - Administrative in Upper Saddle River, NJ
Former Employee - Administrative in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I worked at Manpower part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well, they are a temp agency and there you can pick which companies you would like to work for and how far you want to travel. So it could be convenient.

Cons

Well , I can't think of any yet.

Advice to Management

No advice to management as of yet.

Other Employee Reviews for Manpower

1. "High turnover. Not a great place for salespeople"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at Manpower full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of nice people working in the branch offices. Can feel meaningful at times. You will have a great network of hiring managers when you need to look for new work, which will likely be just under 90 days after your start date.... unless you have a huge portfolio of existing clients to bring in the door with you.

Cons

Salespeople beware. They will promise you great potential and high commissions but the sales goals are unrealistic and unattainable and the job fill rates are embarrassing. Many salespeople are micro-managed out the door. Commission structure keeps changing and sales leadership has "churn and burn" attitude towards sales people. Twenty were laid off while twenty-eight were sitting in sales training to replace them. Keep the job you have. Not worth the risk to come here. Many of us are planning our exit strategies.

Advice to Management

Revamp current sales leadership and sales training team. They have limited sales experience in this space and are costing MP a LOT of money in training and turnover. MP needs true B2B solution selling and relationship building approach and not used car sales techniques. Take some direction from Experis (Comsys/Jefferson Wells).

"Recruiters were not very honest"

Former Contractor - Stock Clerk in Peachtree City, GA
    Former Contractor - Stock Clerk in Peachtree City, GA

I worked at Manpower as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot think of any pros since i was just given the job without an interview working at Wal-Mart since they just had potential candidates fill out applications at the unemployment office and ManPower was just giving assignment to candidates as long as they passed a drug test.

Cons

The Recruiter was not very knowledgeable in answering questions about the temporary assignment working at Wal-Mart.
    I was told the assignment was for 12 weeks and the job was only for one day during the holidays in October 2009.
    I was never told at the beginning of the assignment on how I was to clock in.
    Wal-Mart was not very clear on how the temporary employees were suppose to get their schedules and Manpower wasn't very clear on who I was suppose to report to since I was given the name to one person and I was told to report to someone else.
    Could never get an answer from ManPower on why the assignment was less than expected.

Advice to Management

Have recruiters who are knowlegable in the company and can answer question on how a staffing agency work since many job seekers are not familiar to using a staffing agency for help.