Manpower - Very supportive company and great colleagues | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Manpower

"Very supportive company and great colleagues"

I have been working at Manpower full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

During my career with Manpower I have changed my role several times, giving me great development. The company has supported me through having and raising my family, providing flexibility and excellent benefits and the people I work with are second to none - helpful, friendly, dedicated and empathic

Cons

It can be a bit of a battle to try to get market rate wages or even the same wages as new starters.

Advice to Management

If you have to pay market rate to get a new starter, why not pay your existing staff market rate and keep them.

Other Employee Reviews for Manpower

1. "It gives us a great job opportunity, but not a career opportunity."

Former Employee - Team Leader in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at Manpower full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Easy to get upper hand during negotiation as this is a real global company name. Good exposure. Good experience.

Cons

Difficult to attract talent to join as the training (induction classes run by dept heads) clauses bind new hires in Hong Kong (require them to sign on the employment contracts) to stay in the company for not less than one year, or else, the employee will be sued by the company with the penalty of his/her one month salary. It is not common in HK market! Cliques are inevitably serious as there’re lots of long service key account holders which are making talent hesitated to join.

2. "Great Company with Great People that are Forward Thinking"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Bridgend, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Bridgend, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Manpower full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for who are constantly looking for ways to improve business, develop staff and help client's and candidates succeed.Very supportive with work-life balance and excellent training and development opportunities if you show you want to grow.

Cons

More career development available for people willing to relocate or for people who can spend time away from home on a regular basis