Manpower - Great Place to work at!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Manpower

"Great Place to work at!!"

I have been working at Manpower full-time

Pros

Great people and Great boss

Cons

The phones do not ever stop ringing but it comes with the job of helping others to get jobs

Other Employee Reviews for Manpower

"Good Things, but Buyer Beware"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Manpower as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed the assignment I was placed into, thoroughly.
    Felt the compensation was good for the role I was in.
    Weekly, directly deposited pay was nice.
    Onsite Supervisor was always helpful at answering questions or providing assistance

Cons

Unfortunately, my experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth about temporary employment.

The Onsite Supervisor made it seem like there was a strong chance of temp-to-hire occurring with the job I was at. The way everything was phrased to me gave me the distinct impression that either I would be added to permanent staff if the client liked my work and they were able to complete such a hire, fiscally...or...they would "not be able to add anyone". Given the assignment and the client, I thought this was a good, calculated risk to take regarding my employment needs.

To make a long story a little short, a position opened up, and I was in fact interviewed for it. But I was interviewed along with multiple external candidates as well, and I was not offered the position. In getting feedback from client management, I was essentially told that the details I had been shared - wherein I thought it was "either they'll hire you, or they can't add to staff" - were not accurate. The role I filled had always been a temp position, nothing more.

When I sought clarification from the Onsite Supervisor about this discrepancy, I was told - after the fact - that if I had not been informed completely of how that would have worked regarding temp-to-hire, the Supervisor was "Sorry for the misunderstanding".

It was too late for me to be angry about what had happened, but if I had known that before I started the assignment, I might have taken it differently.

To top it off, when seeking a next assignment, the Placement Specialist attempted to place me in jobs where I had zero skills, and at much lower pay. The Specialist then promptly transferred, and nobody at the company, or the Specialist, bothered to tell me until the replacement showed up.

The replacement Specialist has been moderately more helpful, but as of this writing, I am not on an assignment with them, and I frankly have no desire to go back on one with them.

Advice to Management

You have to make processes crystal clear to your prospective employees. If a job is temp-to-hire, and I will be expected to compete with strangers off the street who have more experience than me, make that clear. If you'll try to put me in another job, but hey, it may be nothing like what you just did...that'd have been a nice heads up too. And train your people to give employees a courtesy notice when they're going to disappear and transfer, hm? That'd be appreciated too.

2. "great company for temporary employment"

Pros

easy to register and work

Cons

some jobs are not fun

Advice to Management

easier website would be nice, but certainly not unuseable