Manpower - Manpower - Needed Changes Quick! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Manpower

"Manpower - Needed Changes Quick!"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Friendly office environment, 'semi' competent managment, those I supported were friendly and knowledgeable (as long as you didn't ask them to step out of their box in any way, shape or form), friendly co-workers (at the same level)

Cons

Management who got their jobs through nepotism, not through any 'actual' job skills ('some' (1-2)were marginally competent as managers, while most were clearly not), those I supported, while appearing friendly and affable, were, at their core, only interested in 'kingdom building', making their own walled empires inside the company, and don't you dare intrude without permission, 'seriously' inadequate benefits (and what was offered was seriously overpriced), Complete inability by Manpower to hang onto the contracts that it aquired (it aquired a five-year contract with IBM from a competitor, and 'so' cheapened 'everything' top to bottom, 'drastically', that IBM cancelled the contract after just one year .. putting 80+ people out of work!)

Advice to Management

Not 'everything' is about cost!!!! .. And 'please' hire managers who actually know how to manage! ... Not just sit at their desks all day and delegate 'everything' .. (for the simple reason that they don't know how to do anything other than delegate)

Other Employee Reviews for Manpower

1. "Good temp job"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Columbus, IN
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Columbus, IN

Pros

Manpower offered a great pay rate compared to other temporary agencies I had worked for. Although my job did not turn into full-time, I liked it a lot.

Cons

I was not able to get hired on throught the company I was working for, but it was because of the economic decline.

Advice to Management

I would like it if I saw more of the money that the client was paying for my services and better benefits.

2. "Manpower Staffing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Large company with lots of resources available and good benefits.

Cons

So large that development and talent tends to get overlooked. If you want to be promoted, be willing to relocate.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach about being the "talent experts".