Manpower - Can be a good place for students to find quick summer employment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Manpower

"Can be a good place for students to find quick summer employment."

Former Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Elgin, IL
Former Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Elgin, IL

Pros

It is a good place for students to find summer work, along with anyone else that does not have a college degree. They offer various assignments that differ greatly in work hours, so finding a position at a company that has hours that will not conflict with activities or summer courses will not be too difficult to do. You also can start working very quickly, I started my position less than a week after I first walked in to find out what kind of positions they were looking to fill. All of the staff I met were very helpful and nice.

Cons

There are not always a lot of jobs to choose from and they may not provide you any experience for the future. I was in school for a bachelors in business but was unable to secure a position with much relevance. Many of the jobs are manufacturing based rather than office based. Also, many of the position they were trying to fill at the time I applied were 2nd or 3rd shift, which I had no interest in. Many of the jobs are quite short term, and I believe almost all are only temporary positions. You also don't get paid as much as you would working directly for the company you are contracted to.

Advice to Management

Everything seemed fine for the one assignment I took from them. I only needed a short summer position that fit around my other activities, so I really was not there long enough to give much input here.

Other Employee Reviews for Manpower

"wouldn't do it again"

Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in New York, NY

Pros

agency recruiting experience, location close to home. good way to get foot in the door in the recruiting field.

Cons

upper management has no people skills - great bs'er but cannot manage people except through fear and intimidation. hq has awful infrastructure - right hand does not know what left is doing. also - no corporate credit cards to use for any expenses, have to put out own money and get reimbursed, even for travel - puts huge strain on personal budget!

Advice to Management

realize there are actual people working for you, who have homes and families and personal lives, and who want to feel supported, not berated. get corporate credit cards - otherwise asking employees to front their own money is like getting an interest free loan for the cost of doing business!

"Manpower: A good company to work with..."

Current Employee - Analyst/Developer in Lake Forest, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst/Developer in Lake Forest, IL

Pros

The recruiters are very nice and easy to work with when searching for jobs and answering questions. The benefits are pretty good, but a little costly out of pocket. Compensation is pretty good, but could easily be better.

Cons

Compesation could be better or the amount of benefits covered by Manpower could be more. Furthermore, the 401k plan could be improved with the addition of matching options by Manpower. In some cases, it would be nice to know the amount negotiated between Manpower and the contracting company so we as contractors can negotiate a salary with Manpower.

Advice to Management

Continue as is except either increase the amount of pay or increase the amount of benefits covered by Manpower. Also, the 401k plan could be improved with the addition of matching options by Manpower.