Manpower - Great Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Uxbridge, England (UK)
Current Employee - Database Administrator in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Pros

I work in the Global Team not UK, so my management is different. Great Work Culture, good work/life balance. Good Opportunities for learning and progression with skills. Job for life for alot of people

Cons

Parking and transport facilities are not great

Advice to Management

Consider employees more when making the very big decisions

Other Employee Reviews for Manpower

1. "BT/Manpower"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Pros

A good opportunity to start in sales. A sales role for beginners and re-nound award winnin g training and products. Altogether a good wee number!

Cons

There wasn't many apart from an expensive canteen, however, that's the case everywhere these days! The toilets can be a bit smelly too but I'm a guy. Couldn't speak for the ladies.

Advice to Management

Keep Talking, It's good to talk!

2. "I miss my days at Manpower"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

Pros

When I left the company, I thought I was heading for a better opportunity with an organization that had as excellent a relationship with its employees as did Manpower. Although I am not unhappy, I must sincerely say that I will continue to have a real appreciation for all that Manpower did for me and my colleagues. Staff development is a key mission; fair treatment at all times was key; the feeling of being an important part of the corporate family was always evident.

Cons

The staffing business being unexpected demands. Customers needs occur at moments notice and the response needed in order to maintain customer satisfaction frequently goes beyond the "9 To 5" routine. But....I understand this is the business Manpower is in. I recommend others understand it also, before becoming a part of the Manpower Team.

Advice to Management

Management is very good. More time with the field organization would give management a better understanding of what is required for top customer service, and a reward program of sorts for efforts beyond the call of duty might help reduce turnover.