Manpower - Great Company for Driven and Motivated Employees -All Others Go Somewhere Else | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Manpower

"Great Company for Driven and Motivated Employees -All Others Go Somewhere Else"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Pros

Flexibility to work towards what you want in a career. No micro-managing they believe everyone should be a leader and be able to run their day to get their job done. Freedom to be creative and come up with new ideas to better help customers and candidates - innovation is actually encouraged.

Cons

Complex industry that can be tough to understand at first. If you are not a driven top performer you will not be happy there, they foster an atmosphere for people that are do'ers. Most people that leave or do not like Manpower is because they are not good workers that could get the job done.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Manpower

"Good but could do better"

Current Employee - Service in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Service in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

focus on employee retention. There is a genuine concern for employee's welfare

Cons

the work load. Most people carry a work load that is too much to sustain and could cause people to leave the company

Advice to Management

listen to the front line workers. They often have the best ideas. Become a place where people want to come to work. Provide more benefits. Offer above market salaries

2. "Can be a good place for students to find quick summer employment."

Former Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Elgin, IL
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Elgin, IL

Pros

It is a good place for students to find summer work, along with anyone else that does not have a college degree. They offer various assignments that differ greatly in work hours, so finding a position at a company that has hours that will not conflict with activities or summer courses will not be too difficult to do. You also can start working very quickly, I started my position less than a week after I first walked in to find out what kind of positions they were looking to fill. All of the staff I met were very helpful and nice.

Cons

There are not always a lot of jobs to choose from and they may not provide you any experience for the future. I was in school for a bachelors in business but was unable to secure a position with much relevance. Many of the jobs are manufacturing based rather than office based. Also, many of the position they were trying to fill at the time I applied were 2nd or 3rd shift, which I had no interest in. Many of the jobs are quite short term, and I believe almost all are only temporary positions. You also don't get paid as much as you would working directly for the company you are contracted to.

Advice to Management

Everything seemed fine for the one assignment I took from them. I only needed a short summer position that fit around my other activities, so I really was not there long enough to give much input here.