MapMyFitness - A real, actual high growth startup with great energy and great people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MapMyFitness

"A real, actual high growth startup with great energy and great people."

Current Employee - Various in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Various in Denver, CO

I have been working at MapMyFitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A startup that is growing faster than 99.9% of consumer internet/mobile startups
A top 100 app among millions
Positively impact the lives of tens of millions of users by helping them get fit
An extremely cool team to work with

Cons

The fast pace may not be a good environment for people who desire a high amount of structure.

Other Employee Reviews for MapMyFitness

1. "Cool App. Unsecured Company. (Layoffs)"

Former Employee - - in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - - in Denver, CO

I worked at MapMyFitness full-time

Pros

Cool Mobile App. Use to love to Ride

Cons

in the last 4 months, MapMyFitness has had some layoffs. Not a very secured company to work for.

Advice to Management

CEO is very disrespectful.

"Cool Product. But not the best company to work for. I've worked at better start ups."

Former Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Denver, CO

I worked at MapMyFitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Mobile and Web platform. Product is going in a good direction. Decent compensation.

Cons

Culture wasn't the greatest for a designer. Development driven company. Designers and UX Designers had a difficult time trying to communicate to the dev, product teams and stakeholders. So basically, no creative or collaboration with the designers.

When I first started, the biggest turn over were the developers. Up until Mid 2012, the biggest turn over have been the designers.

As a designer, there is no room for growth. I would suggest if you are a JR Designer, you have the opportunity to grow. Senior Level Designers, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

The company did require 110% everyday (which is fine), but work/life balance was an issue at first when I started. That all changed when a new CEO was brought on board the summer of 2011. As of Sept 2012, that CEO has moved on.

Overall, difficult place to work if you are a designer.

Advice to Management

Over all, there are some decent senior managers and VPs. I would recommend chilling on the egos, way to much of that. Overall a bunch of good people. The Board should look into the overall Senior Management team and VPs. Some members of that team were really disrespectful to other employees. Starting from the top.