MapMyFitness - Fun place to work, but has poor technical leadership. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MapMyFitness

"Fun place to work, but has poor technical leadership."

Former Employee - Developer in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Developer in Austin, TX

I worked at MapMyFitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and pay is OK. Fairly relaxed environment for a small company. Feels good to work on a product you can use for yourself.

Cons

Missing strong technical leaders, so devs waste time wondering in the sticks. The communication barrier between the Denver and Austin offices is annoying.

Advice to Management

Follow a real development process and increase communication. Seek outside help if you can't figure it out alone.

Other Employee Reviews for MapMyFitness

1. "Brilliant."

Current Intern - Intern in Austin, TX
    Current Intern - Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at MapMyFitness as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is incredible. All of the people at the office are so friendly and welcoming. Such a productive and creative learning environment.

Cons

The ONLY con is that I am an intern and have to leave once school starts back up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys are doing, because it's working. I've worked for some other companies and the fact that y'all take the time to have an "All hands on deck" meeting and give everyone updates as to whats going on, where y'all want to take the company and what each role is, is exactly what a company like this needs to be as successful as it is and as successful as it will become.

2. "There is no better place on the planet to work if you want to help people around the world achieve their fitness goals"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at MapMyFitness full-time

Pros

Best team of people I've ever worked with on the most amazing product I've ever built. The list of benefits are too long to list them all but there are some good ones including $500 fitness reimbursement for anything fitness related per year.

Cons

Sometimes things are moving so fast that some details get missed but that is the tricky part about working for startups.

Advice to Management

Over communicate the good stuff!