March of Dimes - Good mission but management are not trained to handle staff | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for March of Dimes

"Good mission but management are not trained to handle staff"

I have been working at March of Dimes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall I had great colleagues, loved working with my team. Time off/Holidays are generous and benefits are great.

Cons

Very little training or insight is provided to staff, there is a sense of sink or swim mentality and for a non-profit organization you can not do this and expect great ROI from the employees. That being said management loves to micromanage, their is a lack of direction to many pet projects exist, people are quick to blame instead of taking responsibility and the company is not very transparent to staff and is very top heavy.

Advice to Management

Management is too focused on numbers. The work culture could use a major overhaul to create a more work/life balance.

Other Employee Reviews for March of Dimes

1. "Great work culture, happy environment"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at March of Dimes as an intern

Pros

My immediate supervisor is great - she brings up the other employees in the office, always being positive and ready to lead.

Cons

Your to-do list seems never ending, although this can be ok. Working in a small unit can mean you are responsible for many activities outside your specified job description.

Advice to Management

Constant communication is key.

"No training, bad management"

Former Employee - Senior Community Director
    Former Employee - Senior Community Director

I worked at March of Dimes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The core cause of the March of Dimes! All about helping the babies that is the positive.

Cons

No training!! Sink or swim. If you are not good with computers and a self starter think again. Plan to learn the whole CRM system yourself because your older aged managers will not know how to use it and do not use it. Plan to be micromanaged with an over abundance of meetings to hear people talk and not enough time to get in the field to do the work. March for Babies is everyones responsibility. If you are hired to do other events know you will have multiple saturdays and days during the week doing things to help with the March for Babies event regardless of the needs for your events. When your events arrive you will be left to fend for yourself because they will be working on March for Babies for next year.

Advice to Management

Stop having SO many meetings so those of us doing the fundraising and working the events can do our jobs. We do not need so many calls with the so called experts every month then meetings with regionals then meetings with office staff along with all the other board and 4 other event meetings. Our time is limited and we come in early and never leave before 7:30pm at night just to get things done with all the reporting and rereporting.