Marco's Pizza - Meh, Okay place for my high school days | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Marco's Pizza

"Meh, Okay place for my high school days"

Former Employee - Cashier/Crew Member
Former Employee - Cashier/Crew Member

Pros

Depends on who you work with honestly! I was lucky enough to have my first job where I got along with most of my coworkers.

Cons

The location I worked at was understaffed so we were spread around a lot and it got stressful. And on top of that, Management was ridiculously picky with who they would hire. Which is something I never understood because we had some crazy people that worked there

Advice to Management

Need to encourage employees more, we want a reason to want to come to work besides getting paid. We will do better if we look forward to it, not dread it.

Other Employee Reviews for Marco's Pizza

1. "A great first Job"

Former Employee - Insider
    Former Employee - Insider

I worked at Marco's Pizza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great place for a student looking for their first job.
    -Easy job
    -50% discount (some of my managers would just let us make a pizza if we wanted)
    -mostly students working there ( college and high school)
    -Laid back atmosphere

Cons

-pay is minimum with almost no room to grow
    -very little training ( I was thrown in on a Friday night my first night with no idea what i was doing)

Advice to Management

It's OK to be buddies with your employees, but still be able to tell them to do something. Don't just let people stand around while others work.

2. "I'm very enthusiastic about the Ah!thentic Italian pizza experience."

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Hamilton, OH
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Hamilton, OH

I have been working at Marco's Pizza part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The fact they make their own dough is a major plus to me. I've worked for Papa John's and Pizza Hut, theirs are shipped in on a truck. :(
    Marco's is made fresh daily! And the employees are passionate about a great product.

Cons

A lot of down time!
    As a driver, you want to take as many deliveries as possible, so your tips add up.
    Maybe it's the higher price, but not quite the steady business as a more commercial Domino' s or Pizza Hut. You get what you pay for I guess.

Advice to Management

Marketing... We need our phone # on the building and on the sign toppers for drivers!!!
    No one likes fishing for a # when hunger strikes. If someone sees a Marco's Pizza delivery vehicle in their neighborhood, they may want to try Marco's for the first time.
    The phone # may not be readily available to them, but they may just remember the "other pizza places" phone # by heart... which is what we're trying to win over.
    Also, yard signs.
    Not many people are aware of the delivery area and we need to stand out to compete with the "our dough comes in a truck" pizza joints !!!