Marcum Search - Great place to work, very entrepreneurial | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Marcum Search

"Great place to work, very entrepreneurial"

Current Employee - Recruitment Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Recruitment Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Marcum Search full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Marcum Search is a subsidiary of Marcum LLP so you have the boutique feel with the corporate backing. It is a very hands-off management style with an excellent commission structure. Of all the agencies I have ever worked for, this is the only one where management doesn't just sit in their office delegating, rather they run a full desk themselves and you can hear them on the phone recruiting alongside everyone else. There is no division between "levels" and everyone is on an even playing field. As much effort as you put into your job here, you get back 10 fold. Staff is fun and everyone gets along, making for a great environment! A very work-hard, play-hard mentality.
Another HUGE Pro is the understanding from management that sometimes things come up in life and you need to leave early or come in late, etc. You aren't interrogated if you have to call out one day. You are treated like a professional. You would be surprised that this is not a given at many agencies.

Cons

For me personally the only Con is the office location for the commute- but it is very centrally located by Grand Central with lots of restaurants, shops, public transportation, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Happy employees make more money

Other Employee Reviews for Marcum Search

"Unethical and horribly managed !"

I worked at Marcum Search full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly can not think of any. Anything I thought was a pro during the interview process turned out to be lies! - - upper management has no idea how to manage or how executive recruiting works!

Cons

Unethical - incompetent senior and regional mangers - Marcum Search is giving Marcum LLP a bad name - Marcum LLP should rethink their alliance with Marcum Search.

Advice to Management

Resign is the best advice I can give them ---

"Horribly unethical"

I worked at Marcum Search full-time

Pros

To be honest, I can't think of any at all. In theory the compensation plan isn't bad...but when there's no business, it doesn't really matter.

Cons

Upper management knows nothing about the staffing industry, to start. Highly unethical recruiting practices are encouraged, clients are lied to, and the reputation here in South FL is quickly becoming the worst in the industry. Relationship building is not allowed with clients - short term dollar is the goal, not long term partner. Directors and recruiters are at best mediocre, nobody has a pedigreed background in the industry, and nobody closes deals. New business is a challenge with such a sour reputation for a young company. I was also lied to and completely mis-lead about revenues of the company when I came in, lead to believe there was plenty of business closing, when in reality next to nothing was on the books for the past two years.

Advice to Management

Go back to your accounting and HR jobs at B-companies. Staffing isn't the industry for you.