Mariano's - Western & Roscoe | Glassdoor

"Western & Roscoe"

Current Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mariano's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedules, meet great people (both employees and customers), great for students.

Cons

Can get tiresome from standing so long, scarce discounts for employees, can't leave premises on break, sometimes have you doing tasks that are not in your job description (i.e. pushing carts or helping Vero out even if you're a Cashier.)

Other Employee Reviews for Mariano's

1. "good"

Pros

the pay the work environment

Cons

the managers don't know nothing

Advice to Management

get better managers

"Dead End"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

Pros

My coworkers, Flexible scheduling, and did I mention my coworkers.

Cons

I have been working at Mariano’s for a while now, and I have come to the conclusion that this is a dead end job. Management is intolerable, patronizing, and inconstant in what they want from their employees. I must be honest, my fellow coworkers and I have zero to no respect for management. Roundy’s is only focused on two things and two things only… to build more Mariano’s and to make sure 90% of all their employees stay under 30 hours a week. Getting promoted at Mariano’s is extremely difficult, despite what they tell you when you are first hired. The union is a nothing more than a joke. UFCW is only worried about collecting union dues and not rocking the boat with management. UFCW is no longer the strong union it once was. In fact, it’s a dying union struggling to maintain its membership. The turnover rate is high and my store’s morale has been low for a long time. Many of my coworkers see that there is no future with Mariano’s and are only there because of the economy. My coworkers are honest, loyal, and some of the hardest working people I have ever seen, and to see them so defeated and discouraged breaks my heart. Shame on you Mariano’s!

Advice to Management

Stop being jerks! Be constant and stop changing everything around. Become more organized and STOP SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF. Everyday is like the end of the world with you people, all you do is panic and put more pressure on your workers.