Maricopa Integrated Health System - If you work for this company, don't expect to be able to change what is wrong. They like it just the way it is. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Maricopa Integrated Health System

"If you work for this company, don't expect to be able to change what is wrong. They like it just the way it is."

Former Employee - Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Benefits are good. Very nice people to work with.

Cons

Directors who have their own agenda and protect those employees that they have a history with.
They talk about retention, yet their actions do not say that they value their good employees. It seems that they have loyalties to those who have been with the organization for many years, not with those that were hired recently.

Advice to Management

Listen to what the staff have to say. They know more about what works and what doesn't than management ever will. If they say there is a problem, you can be sure that there is, even if it involves a senior management person.

Other Employee Reviews for Maricopa Integrated Health System

1. "Flexible and opportunity for growth"

Former Employee - Administrative in North East Valley (New Zealand)
    Former Employee - Administrative in North East Valley (New Zealand)

I worked at Maricopa Integrated Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great and everyone you meet will be like family

Cons

There is so much opportunity for growth, but you have to know someone to get somewhere. I saw so many people who even went to school to get their education where not even considered for certain positions.

Advice to Management

I think it is important to understand that if an individual dedicates so much time to an organization and loves going to work each day enough to go back to school they deserve the an opportunity to be a candidate for a promotion even if another manager does not think so because sometimes it may be it is a personality issue with the manager and not the individual. This organizations has so many dedicated employees who don't miss a day of work even when their sick, but I don't think they are appreciated enough.

2. "Amazing team dedicated to service"

Current Employee - Director in Paradise Valley, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Paradise Valley, AZ

I have been working at Maricopa Integrated Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We work here because of the mission to serve. Extremely dedicated team working to improve our community and Reimagine the safety net health system.

Cons

No workplace is perfect... we need to focus on partnerships rather than trying to be everything to everyone.