Mark Anthony Group - Mark Anthony - Sour Grapes | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mark Anthony Group

"Mark Anthony - Sour Grapes"

Current Employee - Middle Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Current Employee - Middle Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

The company has good brands and growth potential.

Cons

The owner is an eccentric "moth" type who flits from one thing to the next, never focusing on anything long enough to finish it, and has a flavour of the month mentality that is truly mind-boggling. He never practices what he preaches, telling people to cut costs while he adds another wing to his house or takes another trip on his jet. He's a hypocrite, and his leadership team can't do anything about it, or they get fired. Morale is poor.

Advice to Management

Anthony needs to step back and let someone who knows something about being a professional leader of a 400 million per year company run things. He can focus on the wine and grapes and leave the company to someone who knows what they are doing!

Other Employee Reviews for Mark Anthony Group

1. "A Great Company to Work For"

I have been working at Mark Anthony Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've truly enjoyed my 5 years at Mark Anthony Group. The freedom and support you receive are phenomenal, and the culture that has been created here is second to none in the beer industry. I read some of the negative reviews on the site and felt inclined to weigh in because I feel those do not fairly represent the company. This is a place that talented people can become empowered and grow their career.

Cons

As a growth company, we are learning and getting better as we go every single day. This can cause you to stretch your bandwidth a bit at times, but it keeps things exciting and forces you to grow and adapt.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide employees with autonomy and freedom to run their business, it creates a great environment to work in and allows people to truly leave their mark and find fulfillment and passion in what they do.

2. "Producer"

Pros

They provided flexibility and access to good markets

Cons

There was not a lot of back office support